Eisbaer Extreme noisy pump

xdk_E53

Hello, I would like to ask if my recently bought Eisbaer Extreme noise is normal.

The built-in pump making loud noise at 100% (4400rpm) and is audible even in lowest possible rpm (c.a 2100rpm). The noise is similar to sough, a bit whistle, maybe jet airplane. No rattle or buzzing.

I switched from Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 and pump was completely inaudible. Also in the past I used more well known AiOs like Kraken or other Asetek's and never heard something like this from AiO pump.
After Reading all reviews how extremely quiet the Eisbaer Extreme is, I'm a bit disappointed.

Also, in advance, I filled some more ml's of CKC to completely full liquid capacity, I tried to shake the cooler, and Im sure its the Pump Noise, the AiO fans were disconnected, PSU, GPU and other fans are stop.

Also, one more question about pre-built Be Quiet fans, when I tuning machine Off, and fans are about to stop, both of them making annoying, rattle noise. It happening only at this moment, non at start. Is this supposed to be like this? I also never before heard something similar on 120-140mm fans.

Thanks for help.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Hi there, i am sorry to hear that you are having problems. Have you had a chance to shoot a short video of that noise? If yes can you upload it please? Thank you.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
I dont understand really what noise do you mean? I dont hear anything except the normal operating sound :unsure: .Are you sure with the pump? Maybe the noise comes from the fans?

xdk_E53

Make sure to turn up a volume. The loud noise audible in video background until I switch to "Silent" mode in Bios and the Pump rpm slows down to ~2900 what is visible on video. Its going quieter at this moment of video, but still become very audible when I move camera close to the cooler. Of course in real it sounds a bit different. You called it correct, It sounds exactly like noise generated from 2-3 working on circa 1500rpm fans. Noise coming from pump or something else in cooler but surely not from built-in cooler fans which were disconnected from motherboard, every other fans i.e from chipset, PSU or GPU were also off.
Reviewers stated in reviews that this pump is near unaudible even at 100% rpm, in my case its far from unaudible, its just loud.

Last edited:

xdk_E53

No, not directly from Alphacool. Later I Will sent an email and attach videos. Have you already any information if its supposed to be like that or not?

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Usually this isn't the case, however on very rare occasions, it can happen. Just write an email to info@ and lets see what we can do for you.