Eisbaer LT fill port question.

bufulo

Can the fill port also be used as an input or output port? If so, this could help with routing tubes!

bufulo

If the fill port is facing straight up with a tube attached, also going straight up, will any air passing thru the pump rise up the fill port and into the tube? I'm trying to decide on the best pump orientation and there are many considerations and limitations to weigh.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Dude you can not use the fill port as connection this is not possible. If you do so and modify the system you will lose your warranty.

bufulo

My last reply was more like a second, but related, question. Perhaps the exact meaning was lost in translation. In my second question, I wanted to know if any air in the pump will naturally rise into a tube attached to the fill port if the fill port is facing upwards. If this is the case, it may be useful to mount the pump with the fill port facing up to trap air in the connected tube that could be routed to a bulkhead on the case. This could be helpful for SFF builds with no reservoir, for example.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
You mean small forum factor pc,s right? Hmmm :unsure: I might pass the idea to our development and see what they think about.

Aleksander

It would be interesting to receive an answer on this topic. A tube connected permanently to the fill port of the pump would make topping of the loop with liquid easier in small form factor PC's without a reservoir.

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
It would be interesting to receive an answer on this topic. A tube connected permanently to the fill port of the pump would make topping of the loop with liquid easier in small form factor PC's without a reservoir.
The title was actually a different topic - but yes, you can set a permanent connection for filling at the fill port by using tube and connections.