Eisbaer LT360 - can top up?

ubiquity

Apologies if I was unclear.

What I was asking is rather than me being without my computer while I ship the faulty LT360 to Germany (potentially at my own cost?) and await a replacement, I could follow your alternative suggetion of running two seperate loops.

Purchasing an Alphacool NexXxos Eiswolf / Eisbaer Ready radiator would allow me to run the GPU on a seperate loop to the CPU and thus bypass the problem.

What I was asking is if you would be willing to provide free postage if I order this second radiator to create a second loop - please can you confirm?

Regards,
Richard.

Last edited:

mikepegg

Hi,

Just noticed this thread and I WAS also looking at buying a replacement GPU cooler.
Sorry to pop on what is a support thread but.....

Just looked at my LT360 and its the same...
IMG_20190820_211454.jpg

Alphacool,
Are you saying all LT360s are manufactured incorrectly? with the quick release on the IN instead of the OUT? :oops:

ubiquity

As I understand from Mike's comments, he was looking to purchase one of your Eiswolf GPU coolers, but from this posts realised that your LT360 is not compatible (unless you are willing to take the product apart and reconstruct it) due to the manufacturing fault where the quick connectors were put on the intake rather than the outtake of the CPU block...

davido_labido

@uniquity, all of the photos we have taken at the same time, so all of the photos we have taken will all be like this if they were taken by us and also they will be like this if they were from the first batch that we created as the connectors are incorrect it seems.

So moving forward - in the pictures, they will be wrong. We know this.
In reviews, they will probably be incorrect too as review samples are usually from the first batch.

How to resolve your issues: Of course we can give you free shipping on your order if you wish to purchase the second radiator to create a dual loop.

For other people, if you have this issue, please post here and we will try and resolve in the best reasonable way. We can swap the cooler for you, help you with shipping costs or guide you through resolving the issue yourself.

if you are using this cooler on it's own and are not taking advantage of the quick disconnect system, this will not affect your cooler.

ubiquity

@davido_labido Thank you for your offer of free shipping - please advise how I can obtain this.

With regards to the other comments, I can understand an error in manufacturing the product; these things happen. What I cannot understand is why there was no advisory sent out to owners / distributors of the LT360 advising them of this error and providing guidance on what options are available to remedy the situation.

I purchased the LT360 based on the fact that a major selling point that it is 'Eisbaer Ready', which features readily in documentation and is infact listed on the box!

If you are able to provide additional guidance on how to change the connectors this would also be appreciated (ideally a video showing how to do this and what tools are required). While I will run 2 seperate loops as a stop-gap fix, I would later on very much like to combine them into a single loop (with 2 radiators), so that there is some redundancy should one of the pumps fail.

I would also very much appreciate the video you said you would produce showing how to top up the LT360. I am sure this would be required based on the liquid lost when swapping around the two connectors.

@Metropolis34 I am sorry, but I have already taken the cpu cooler of to validate that there is a good fit between the cpu and cpu block, and that the thermal compound is providing the required coverage; I have no intention of dissembling my system further to provide you with a serial number. If it helps, this is the numbers on the box - https://photos.app.goo.gl/8T7ojJ3zuGQumrSr8

Many thanks for your ongoing support,
Richard.

davido_labido

That's sorted and product on the way to you :)

I will create the video showing how to top up an Eisbaer LT very soon, I am a little bit behind on some work at the moment but I am catching up slowly. As soon as I can I will get this live.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
If you want to run an AIO with your GPU you can run it as a second loop but i can understand your point. Do you have the possibility to check the serial number and let us know? The number is on the radiator. Thank you.

bufulo

Could you please clarify the proper flow by simply stating which port on the Eisbaer LT is IN and which is OUT? With the ports facing up, is the left port IN or OUT of the LT? Also, are the labels on the Eiswolf pump correct? For the Eiswolf pump, with the ports facing up, the left is labeled IN and the right is labeled OUT. Is this correct? A photo of the Eisbaer with the port direction labeled would make this issue more clear.

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI @bufulo
The IN and OUT of the Eiswolf are correct left is IN and right is OUT. By the Eisbaer LT is the IN on the top and the OUT in the buttom, If you look at it from the front.