Eisbaer recommendation for very old Coolermaster HAF-922

peloquin

Hello folks! I own one of those ancient beasts https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/legacy-products/cases/haf-922/. I am going to upgrade to a Ryzen setup and I wanted some input on whether the case can support one of the Eisbaer AIOs.

The case does support a water cooling loop but it presumes the pipes are going to be outside coming in, so it has a couple of side-by-side holes with rubber grommets at the back panel. The top of the case can support one 200mm fan but can be swapped for two 120mm fans.

Do you folks think I can fit an Eisbaer radiator _inside_ the case? If that is not possible, could it sit outside the case in a pull configuration? Or am I just shafted and need to go for a new case?

Thank you all!

Tived

Have you thought about the extreme mount outside as a statement piece? Would look very good. If it fits in that top flat piece. Raise it 10 mm or from the top to give it airflow?

good luck can’t wait to see what you pull off

peloquin

Have you thought about the extreme mount outside as a statement piece? Would look very good. If it fits in that top flat piece. Raise it 10 mm or from the top to give it airflow?

good luck can’t wait to see what you pull off

That is what I was thinking of. Since my case allows to pull cooling loop cables from the outside-in I could add two extensions, then, mount the fans with standoffs, upside down on top of the case, ensure the fans push air and mount the radiator on top of the fans. In theory, all I would have to do is top it up a little, which in fairness would be the same scenario if I were to add a GPU block, no?

I am glossing over the fact that I will need longer screws to secure the fans on the radiator but eh!

Tived

@Eddy, Peloquin will either have to compromise on the size of the radiator to fit it inside or so a DYI.

I wouldn’t normally contradict you as you have offered me great advice in the past, and suggestion is very valid, as it is purposely build for being external to the case. But I seriously think you guys are under estimating the versatility of the Alphacool Eisbaer Extreme 280. It’s a nearly a self contained unit in it self, perfectly modular, as in you can add to it later.

@peloquin Pull the tubes through the case at the back, extend them if required. Run the power cable into the case as well. Measure up the top of the case. Line up and drill at least 4 holes for offsets to screw in the Extreme! You can then add fans above to pull if you want more Air or less noise at lower speed.

@peloquin the extreme isn’t cheap, it’s Big, it’s very big! There is some more details here
https://www.alphacool.com/eisbaer-extreme-details it may not fit at all.

I have two of them in my case, Define 7 XL.

8F27DAF6-094A-40D7-8B31-26E103858AB4.jpeg

DE18E22C-4B99-402F-A6B0-22889E0B82F2.jpeg
2DFF892F-D7EF-4609-9910-20697844C638.jpeg