Eisblock 3080/3090 Ventus

crazyglue

Got my block in on Friday, spent the day yesterday and this morning getting my rig all put together.

Few things to note about the block. It doesnt provide any cooling for the capacitors or the VRMs of the card. This is a bit concerning as I plan to keep a consistent overclock on the card, but so far in my testing I haven't found any issue with this. Maybe it could effect reliability long term.

Another thing is that the LED strip on the bottom is a little bit odd. First, the color it produces is a tinge lighter than the rest of my system's LEDs. The other thing is that there are 2 LEDs towards the back of the card (under the pci-e power connectors) which seem to shine through different material than the rest of the LEDs. This makes them extremely bright compared to the other 10 or so (see pics)

All of this is pretty minor overall and I'm still very happy with my purchase

However, a pretty concerning issue I noticed is that the block doesnt secure onto the rear IO plate in any way. There is no screw/mounting hole for the top of the bracket in the acrylic, so the only place the bracket is secured to the card is the bottom, near the pci-slot. This means the plate can bend away from the block, and when installing I noticed the block was very wobbly as a result. I WOULD NOT TRUST THIS CARD+BLOCK TO BE MOUNTED HORIZONTALLY, THINGS WILL SNAP. Thankfully I'm mounted vertically (see pics)

^ This needs to be fixed in a future revision!

Another alarming issue I found is that when I'm installing my watercooling components, I like the check the manufacturer's work and make sure all the screws are nice and snug. I went around every screw on the acrylic and noticed 2 screws were completely loose, right around the GPU core. I had to tighten them down by a full rotation before they were snug. Not sure if this happened during shipping or if it came out of the factory like this. Either way I'm very glad I decided to check the screws. Afterwards I inspected the o-rings all around the card and could see there was positive contact so I was satisfied to keep moving forward

All that being said, my system is up and running without any issues, and my GPU temperatures have dramatically improved (i cant get the card to push past 45C in any workload at 2.1ghz, with fans on silent, low rpm mode)

Would recommend the block to those looking to watercool, but with the caveat of making sure its vertically mounted, and make sure the screws are snug before you install anything

Pics:

korefuji

Got my block in on Friday, spent the day yesterday and this morning getting my rig all put together.

Few things to note about the block. It doesnt provide any cooling for the capacitors or the VRMs of the card. This is a bit concerning as I plan to keep a consistent overclock on the card, but so far in my testing I haven't found any issue with this. Maybe it could effect reliability long term.

Another thing is that the LED strip on the bottom is a little bit odd. First, the color it produces is a tinge lighter than the rest of my system's LEDs. The other thing is that there are 2 LEDs towards the back of the card (under the pci-e power connectors) which seem to shine through different material than the rest of the LEDs. This makes them extremely bright compared to the other 10 or so (see pics)

All of this is pretty minor overall and I'm still very happy with my purchase

However, a pretty concerning issue I noticed is that the block doesnt secure onto the rear IO plate in any way. There is no screw/mounting hole for the top of the bracket in the acrylic, so the only place the bracket is secured to the card is the bottom, near the pci-slot. This means the plate can bend away from the block, and when installing I noticed the block was very wobbly as a result. I WOULD NOT TRUST THIS CARD+BLOCK TO BE MOUNTED HORIZONTALLY, THINGS WILL SNAP. Thankfully I'm mounted vertically (see pics)

^ This needs to be fixed in a future revision!

Another alarming issue I found is that when I'm installing my watercooling components, I like the check the manufacturer's work and make sure all the screws are nice and snug. I went around every screw on the acrylic and noticed 2 screws were completely loose, right around the GPU core. I had to tighten them down by a full rotation before they were snug. Not sure if this happened during shipping or if it came out of the factory like this. Either way I'm very glad I decided to check the screws. Afterwards I inspected the o-rings all around the card and could see there was positive contact so I was satisfied to keep moving forward

All that being said, my system is up and running without any issues, and my GPU temperatures have dramatically improved (i cant get the card to push past 45C in any workload at 2.1ghz, with fans on silent, low rpm mode)

Would recommend the block to those looking to watercool, but with the caveat of making sure its vertically mounted, and make sure the screws are snug before you install anything

Pics:

Hey there, I only just ordered this block myself. You stated your block was "wobbly" as a result of the design, and this has me concerned. Would you say a support bracket would resolve the issue? I can't mount it vertically as I have a Lian Li Dynamic, non XL, and it won't fit vertically due to the second rad at the bottom of the case. So horizontal mount is the only option

What would be your recommendation as it's the only waterblock available for the Ventus afaik.

Would welcome your thoughts on this.

Also did the block come with instructions? Have not added one to a GPU before, so I'd be worried if there was no guidance

crazyglue

Hey there, I only just ordered this block myself. You stated your block was "wobbly" as a result of the design, and this has me concerned. Would you say a support bracket would resolve the issue? I can't mount it vertically as I have a Lian Li Dynamic, non XL, and it won't fit vertically due to the second rad at the bottom of the case. So horizontal mount is the only option

With a support bracket, like the one that comes with the Ventus, I'd be comfortable mounting it horizontal. I dont know if the alignment will be good though, as the block makes the card essentially 1.5slots vs the ventus' 3-slot design

Also did the block come with instructions? Have not added one to a GPU before, so I'd be worried if there was no guidance

Yes the instructions were very good, it also came with thermal paste and plugs. One thing about the instructions, it doesn't say you need to take the IO shield off, but in the pictures the PCB doesnt have the io shield. you will need to take it off to install the block

korefuji

With a support bracket, like the one that comes with the Ventus, I'd be comfortable mounting it horizontal. I dont know if the alignment will be good though, as the block makes the card essentially 1.5slots vs the ventus' 3-slot design

Yes the instructions were very good, it also came with thermal paste and plugs. One thing about the instructions, it doesn't say you need to take the IO shield off, but in the pictures the PCB doesnt have the io shield. you will need to take it off to install the block

Understood, and thanks for the reply. I'm more confident about the product now. Appreciate the insight, though I will check for the problems you mentioned in your post

korefuji

Apologies for double posting @Eddy or @Metropolis34 I placed my order on November 21 when it stated 3-5 days for preorder to stock. It now says 5-6 days. Payment has been taken but no ETA for shipping. Can you please advise on status? Would welcome some clarity

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
@korefuji
Double post... no problem. About your shipping, please ask the support team directly: info@alphacool.com
I am not able to check orders (i am marketing not support, sorry). Unfortunately, at the moment we have more orders than we currently receive. Therefore, the customers are supplied after receipt of order. Unfortunately I cannot tell you where exactly you are on the list.

TuomasK

Apologies for double posting @Eddy or @Metropolis34 I placed my order on November 21 when it stated 3-5 days for preorder to stock. It now says 5-6 days. Payment has been taken but no ETA for shipping. Can you please advise on status? Would welcome some clarity

Ordered mine October 16th and still nothing, so you might have some time to wait....

BlubberLord

It's seven weeks now, I just wanted to ask who else is still waiting or already has received their cooler.
And it's official: nVidia delivered their brand new GPU in half the time it takes at alphacool to ship the cooler for it.

korefuji

It's seven weeks now, I just wanted to ask who else is still waiting or already has received their cooler.
And it's official: nVidia delivered their brand new GPU in half the time it takes at alphacool to ship the cooler for it.
For what it's worth. I ended up cancelling my order and going with the Corsair hydro xg7

BlubberLord

For what it's worth. I ended up cancelling my order and going with the Corsair hydro xg7
I tried to order that one too, but the shop is quite unwilling to let me go to the version of the page for my country and allow a shipping address there. Finally made it, I'm curious if it ships anytime soon - they didn't even show stock or any kind of shipping date. Also ordered the Bykski cooler with estimated shipping date 08.01.21 - let's see if any of them can make it in less than eight and a half weeks after the legitimately shown estimated shipping date^^

ventus21

Hi, I will also buy such a block for msi ventus 3080 ti. Please tell me how many degrees the memory of the video card is heated in load. I read the forum, where they write that the thermal pads that come in the set are bad, and because of them the memory heats up. Tell me how your card works?