Eisblock for 3090 gaming x trio issue

nmeader

Hello,

bought an AC-11938 ordered from performance-pcs.com, packaged really well. Put it on my card, and noticed only after that the LED cable was severed (all 3 wires, was only hanging on by the insulation) and the middle plug was crushed.

I repaired the cable from the sever (with solder/hs tubing), and removed the middle plug to attempt to get it to work, but the strip does not appear to be working quite right. I can get all of the red LEDs to run, but anything other than that I get either random colors, or a single white LED (first one on the strip) when attempting a solid white from Aura Sync.

Any ideas? what do I have for options? the strip doesn't look to be replaceable easily on the block, and I'd rather not be out of a block to replace it. Block works great outside of the RGB.

Thanks,

-Nick

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Wich RGB connector did you used on your mainboard for the LEDs? The connection at the bottom or at the top?

nmeader

5v argb connector, cant use the 12v because of the pins

edit: the add_gen2 header, not either of the rgb_header1/2, I've tried with a direct connection, and through a sata powered splitter with the same result

Last edited:

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Believe me, you wouldn't be the first to connect it wrong. We have loads of customers who somehow manage to do this, hence the questions. You can change the LED strip. However, this is only possible if the cooler is removed from the graphics card. Otherwise it is difficult to get at it.
When you have the cooler in your hand, the LED strip can be removed quite easily and replaced with another one. They are only glued into a slot.
Please contact our support if they can send you a replacement LED strip: info@alphacool.com

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Believe me.... many simply bend the pin around. Or break it off. I don't know where they get the idea, but we have an extremely high RMA because of it. Because logically, people burn out the LEDs as a result. Nobody here understands why people doing this.

Have a nice weekend :)