Eisblock XPX CPU leaking during leak test

Schnoggi

Hi there, I have a potential n00b issue.

I had to disassemble my Alphacool "Eisblock XPX CPU - deep black" to clean out some gunk that had formed in the loop over 8 months. This being my first time doing so I watched a lot of guides on youtube and then proceeded to clean it. I put it back together and made sure the o-rings were all in place and the flowplate and cooling plate were correctly aligned. Before adding it in to the new loop I did a pressure test with a "Alphacool Leak Testing Tool incl. Pump", setting the pressure to 0.5 bar and in another test at 0.7 bar. In all tests I noticed a slow leak that was not there before cleaning it.

Now I have taken it apart mutliple times trying to troubleshoot th issue, focusing mainly on the o-rings, but to no avail.
I also double checked that the leak tester tool wasn't leaking

Is there an obvious solution I'm not seeing, do I have to change all the o-rings for it to work or did I break it and I need to get a new one? (really dont wanna do that last one)

Any tips would be much appreciated :)

Here is a picture of the block

Attachments

• Eisblock XPX CPU.jpg
    Eisblock XPX CPU.jpg
    501.5 KB · Views: 12

Schnoggi

Just an update:

I did an extensive leak test with water on both my CPU and GPU blocks (both were leaking air) and had no leaks leaving them on for 2 days. So I guess using air for leak testing is not a 100% accurate ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Here's what my monstrosity looks like in all its glory:

Attachments

• WCloop.jpg
    WCloop.jpg
    409.7 KB · Views: 19