Eismatrix II, some questions and opinions

Sonny

Hi guys, first post here, I hope I can get some help.

I just got my Eismatrix II, adapters and 3 Eiszyklon Aurora Lux PRO v1, and almost everything seems to work, but:

- the description says A 4-pin connector with included cable offers the possibility to connect the controller directly to the mainboard. but it seems impossible to get the fans speed reading from the motherboard with the PWM header connected. The fans are running, but I have absolutely no idea how fast, and why, so I can't control them from the bios.

- also no matter what, I can't regulate the fans speed with the remote, pressing speed buttons + or - does absolutely nothing. If the PWM header it's not connected to the motherboard, pressing the speed buttons makes the rgb fans "flash" a white color, but either the PWM cable it's connected or not, the fan button does not change any speed.

- what the "Match remote and controller" (the padlock) button is supposed to do? Pressing it in any mode does nothing.

- what the "Function set key" (the gear) button is supposed to do? Pressing it in any mode does nothing.

- the description says you can control the Eismatrix II ARGB via the motherboard, but there's no mention anywhere in the manual or the website on how to do it, once connected the VD_G RGB header. I found it by accident using the ON/OFF button. Pressing one time the ON/OFF button, instead of turning off the controller, it does switch to the motherboard controller. To switch off the controller lights you need to press sometimes multiple times or long press the ON/OFF button, it seems absolutely random. Do you have more information on this?

At this point I suspect there are other functions not correctly documented in the manual.

When I choose to buy this controller, I was hoping to get at least the same effects as the little controller included in the Eisbaer AIO Aurora, which comes also separate (art. number. 15360), little cheaper and (I thought) inferior. Actually the RGB presets are much more nicer in that controller. There's a way to update the presents on the Eismatrix II?

I'm sorry to say that because the controller is nicely done, with some smart ideas (the strong magnet). I had some expectations, but I'm very disappointed by the very poor documentation and very poor rgb presets.

I hope you can help, Thanks!

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Befor i answere all questions..... if you use the controller without connection to the mainboard, you cant controll the fans over the remote control in any way? You know that the remote controller is working with infrared, so the remote control must have a line of sight to the controller. Can you please try if it works if the remote controller is directly in front of the Eis-Matrix controller? If that is not working, the controller has a defect.

Sonny

Hi, thanks for the reply.
As I wrote before, I tested the controller both with and without the pwm header connected. The remote is working, I get the red infrared light and it takes other inputs with no problems. When I tried the controller with no header connected, as I was pressing the fan speed button I was getting 'white flashing lights' on the led fans every time i pressed the button, but no change in speed.

Now, since this kind of controllers with this remote are more or less all about the same, I know that some of them, to work properly, they need a fan connected to the number one header of the controller. But since the ports in the eismatrix are not numbered, I tried to move the fans and just test.

The result is that, as I probably found the numer one header, I can now control the fan speed with the motherboard bios, even though I still can't read the rpm, which is a problem if I want to connect the pwm to the cpu header beacuse I get the error/warning from the bios (no cpu fan detected). Now I'm using another header, and connected another spare fan to the cpu header to avoid the error. I don't know if it's intened or not, but for sure it's a questionable design choice. I didn't test again the speed button from the remote because my goal is to use pwm, but I'm going to try again since now the fans are - I guess - connected the right way.

I should add, after I changed the fan connection on the eismatrix, the on/off button seems to behave more consistently. one press and the sequence is: controller takeover->motherboard takeover->off. Again, there's no mention about this in the manual,

All the other questions still remains.

Thanks!

Last edited: