Eisstation DDC top-reservoir

inzer890

Hi guys.
After purchasing Alphacool Eiswolf 2 for my EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 card I found it totally disappointing in terms of the performance. I reassembled the card+waterblock 5 times to achieve even contact all over the components to be cooled (1.25mm pads instead of stock 1.0mm for mosfets and video memory.).And the final results are very close to EVGA's stock air cooler (except memory which is 8 degrees lower now)
Eventually I decided to switch to the custom liquid-cooling loop that would include thick 240x45 Alphacool's X-flow radiator + original Eiswolf's 360x30mm with stacked push-pull pressure optimized fans. Apparently another pump was required. Since I'm quite limited concerning midtower case free space Laing DDC seemed to be an obvious solution. Plus Alphacool's top-reservoir Eisstation DDC. With overall height of ~90mm and side positioned fittings it supposed to be a perfect match to fit the space under the graphics card.
Today I was delivered the pump... The model number is DDC - 2CVTP (google search has nothing to say about it)
Now try to feel the depth of my frustration. I picked to most powerful model that was in stock. And smth tells me that it won't fit the Eisstation DDC case height wise. Could you pls comment did this particular model ever pass compatibility check with Eisstation DDC?

Attachments

• Laing DDC-2VCTP side.jpg
    Laing DDC-2VCTP side.jpg
    534.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Laing DDC-2VCTP.jpg
    Laing DDC-2VCTP.jpg
    312.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

inzer890

Where did you buy this pump?? The lower 2 segments are to much. I have never seen such "Laing DDC"-Pump.
Some of the too-old-stock on Ebay. It's brand new, just need to check if the sealing gasket didn't turn to a piece of rock ))
Eventually got the reply from one of the owners of this "Frankenstein". It was designed for some old liquid-cooled PowerMac G5. Since they did't have a reservoir tank in the loop, the bottom half of this particular model was a pressure compensation chamber. Disassembling it shouldn't make a problem, besides damaging the sticker.

Last edited: