Eiswand pumps wont turn on

SaamAbu

I bought a brand new Eiswand and powered it up yesterday. The LEDs turn on, the fans spin up, but the coolant doesn't flow.

I tried it first with the 7.5v adaptor, then plugged a lab power supply directly into it to see the power draw. It is only drawing about 5 watts which is very odd.

Does anyone have recommendations?

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi,

Did you check if everything is connected correctly ( In and OUT). DId you use the quick connections? If yes, did you check that they are correctly connected. Sometimes it can happen that the inner mechanic is not opened if you connect them and are blocked. Try to open them again and close them again. If that doesn´t help you have to contact our support to start an RMA with them. The mail address is info@alphacool.com

SaamAbu

Hello,

I tipped the new cooler upside down, re-adjusted the quick connect cooling lines, burped the system, and now I can feel and hear the pumps running. It spits out a string of tiny bubbles on the output cooling line but doesn't really pump coolant.

A theory: the pressure drop across the system is too high for the pumps to push the coolant around. What are the limits of the pump? I am not using it on a normal cooling setup.