Eiswolf 2 360 (3080 ref. design)

Marwat

Hello,

I just received today this long awaited AIO and I couldn't resist opening the box. Since it's my first time dealing with an AIO, I have several (probably dumb) questions :

- where should I mount the pump/rads: rather on top or side of the case ? Also which order is best for a good exhaustion (rad>fans or fans>rad, knowing I'm using a Lian Li Mesh 2 case and I have like ~10 fans available in total) ?

- after mounting the whole thing, is there anything I should do before turning on my computer ? Is the liquid already running inside the whole AIO ?

Also I'd love if you guys could make an installation video like you did on Youtube with some other products of yours.

Thanks in advance,

Marwat

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Radaitor position
Depends on the case. For Eiswolf the best position would be if you put the radiator into the front with the tubes on the bottom. It is only important that a part of the radiator is on a higher position than the Pump on the cooler because of the air inside the loop. And you always have a bit air inside.

Before you mount the AIO... i would start your PC and put the pump header somewhere on the mainboard so the pump is running. Only for checking if the pump is working and you have no leaks. But be sure that the header you use are running with 100%. Check you bios configurations for that. Sometimes you have a mainboardsoftware you can use for the check. See the rpm of the pump... must be around 2600rpm. Thats all what i would do.

We tried to do a video... but it was not spossible in the short time, sorry. but mounting the cooler is same like in this video:

Marwat

Hello Eddy,

Thank you for your detailed answer. I attached a poor paint scheme, could you look at it and let me know if it looks good to you ? With my case configuration I'd rather have air coming from the front panel and going out at the top.

Thanks for the link to the video, I'll definetely use that to mount the cooler to my GPU !

Thanks,

Marwat

Attachments

• example.png
    example.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 10

Marwat

Hello Eddy,

Acutally I just checked in my new case and I don't have 360mm on the top of it to put the AIO. So I don't have an other choice than putting it on the front. According to my new picture, what position would be better for the AIO ? Also, should the fans be pushing the air outside ? Because usually I have in-take fans on the front of the case.

Side question: if there's enough thermal paste left, can I use it to repaste my cpu (with air cooler) ?

Thanks,

Marwat

Attachments

• another example.png
    another example.png
    39.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Position 2. How is your airflow working in this case? Typical the front fans are sucking air in and some fans at the top are blowing them out. Thats the best way to do it.
Thermal paste.... if the paste is not dry or cumbly, you can use it again. But to be honest.... its better to use always freh thermal pate.

Marwat

Hello,

The airflow is very good in this case, way better than my previous one. So the AIO will come on the front with air pushing through it into the case.

For the thermal paste, there's one tube provided with the AIO and I just wanted to know if I can use this one too for my CPU (with air cooler).

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Thermal greas is thermal grease... you can use it always for GPU and CPU, dont worry.

Marwat

Hello,

I wanted to know if the aio is already filled with liquid or not. I'm going to install it this weekend but i bought the aio in like may, there's no risks of leak/liquid evaporation right?

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Hello,

I wanted to know if the aio is already filled with liquid or not. I'm going to install it this weekend but i bought the aio in like may, there's no risks of leak/liquid evaporation right?

Hi, our AIOs are always pre-filled.

Marwat

Hey,

I just wanted to say I've installed the whole AIO and the results are... Unbelievable. I went from 60-70°C GPU temps (depending on usage) to 45-50°C. And my whole RIG is even quieter now !

I have only one critic: you should consider updating your installation manual, there's some stuff missing in it (i can go into the details if you need).

Thank you Alphacool for making watercooling possible to people like me.

Marwat

@Eddy

If I'm not mistaken you're using the waterblock manual for the AIO as well, which is perfect for block mounting. But, as you can see it on page 7 of your manual, there's only the RGB cables left after mounting the block. However, with the AIO version, you have the RGB and the pump cable. I had to ask around what cable it was and where to plug it into my motherboard. It literally only took a few minutes and and then I was good to go, so as I said it's only a minor detail.

Attachments

• alphacool.png
    alphacool.png
    165.2 KB · Views: 2

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
@Marwat
Oh, i see, you are right. That is really a fault. But we can add this fast in the online manual. We will change that, thanks. Sometimes you are so deep inside what you are doing here that you oversee such small things. I am suprised that you are the first one who is telling that directly to us. I wish more customer would do that to help us to get better.

Marwat

Hello,

Here is some feedback after a couple weeks using this AIO. Everything's working perfectly despite a little coil whine that started like two days ago. It's a very high pitch and when I bring my ear next to the pump I can hear some "zzzzzz" noise coming out of it.
What's even weirder is that it only does that on high load (like heavy video games). When the computer is idling, this noise disappears.

Any idea how I could fix that?

Edit: after several testing it really seems this noise appears when the computer is under load. But isn't the pump supposed to be constantly at max speed ? Here it's always around 2465-2540 but somehow that noise isn't constant...
Picture below is current bios settings

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20211105_002832-min.jpg
    IMG_20211105_002832-min.jpg
    550.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Coil beeping has nothing to do with the AIO but with the quality of the soldering of the coils on the graphics card itself. And yes, when the PC is under load, the coils are naturally loaded more. Then the beeping also gets louder. That is normal and known.

There are some people who pour epoxy resin over the coils to minimise the whining. But this, of course, voids the warranty. There are other possibilities, but I would not recommend any of them because they all lead to the loss of the warranty.

Marwat

Thanks for your answer !

I'm glad it's something normal but yet it's very annoying because that high pitch is always there. And it only appeared a few days ago, I've never heard it before.

Are you talking about the AIO or the GPU warranty ? Because tearing down the GPU already voided the warranty.

What other possibilities could help reduce get noise ?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
GPU warranty. Mostly if you have a issue with the GPU you can mount the air cooler back for starting an RMA. Works mostly with the most brands.

Well... coil winning... if you google for it you will find a lot of different solutions to fix it. Some are putting thermalpads on it for example. We never had a issue with that inhouse and i also never had this problem with my own GPUs. So i cant tell you the best way what you can do. I would google for it read a bit about it. Many people have problems with that.