Eiswolf 2 AIO 3080FE and 3080ti FE question

Esa12345

Just received my Eiswolf 2 AIO for my 3080ti FE and have a question about the installation before I get going.

As fas as I can determinre, the kit is the same for both cards (i.e. the 3080FE and the 3080tiFE) as the manual does not distinguish between the two cards. Is this correct?

If this is correct the 3080ti has 2 more memory modules. Should these memory modules not have a thermal pad allocated to them?

Last edited:

DirkManderin

I ran into a similar issue with the Gigabyte Aorus 3080ti Master. The manual was for the Master 3080 and Extreme 3090, but the supported card list included the 3080ti Master. As long as the 3080ti FE is listed as supported by the kit you bought you should be fine. The only issue I ran into was a missing thermal pad for the single memory module below the GPU. I just cut down one of the extra pads included to support the 3090 and used that. I also placed the thermal pads on the board itself, not on the cooler like the manual showed. That way I can make sure they are aligned properly.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Which single memory modul on the backside? 3080TI has no rams on the backside????

Esa12345

Thanks for the reply.

On my 3080ti FE the memory modules are on the front side but pads go on both sides of the pcb in the chip positions.

As I understand it, the 3080ti has 12 memory chips
And the 3080 has 10 placed around the gpu.

I've had a closer look at the pad sizes and unless I am mistaken alphacool include a pad size to cover 3 memory chips found on one side of the gpu for the 3080ti when the 3080 only has 1 chip on this side. I assume the pad can be cut down in size for the 3080 but the large pad is needed for the 3080ti.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Correct, the 3080TI has two ram chips on the front, so right next to the GPU, more than the 3080 and no rams on the back. The pads there only serve to generate counterpressure. But they contribute almost nothing to improving the temperatures.
And yes, you can cut the pads to fit. Sorry, I had misunderstood you here. It sounded to me like you had a Ram chip on the back.