eiswolf 2 AIO and 7900xtx ?

Puchmecs

Hi there! I'm a new user of the forum.

I own an asus 6900xt tuf oc modded with eiswolf 2 AIO and I am very happy with temps and performance.

I am about to upgrade to sapphire 7900xtx nitro + and I am thinking of modding it with this waterblock:

I'd like to know if it would be possible to reuse some components from my eiswolf 2 AIO.

Could I keep the same radiator with fans and pipes?

I reckon I would have to buy a water pump too, which one should I get?

Would this cooling liquid be the right one?

Would I neeed any other component?

Thank you all for your help!

Hi there! I'm a new user of the forum.

I own an asus 6900xt tuf oc modded with eiswolf 2 AIO and I am very happy with temps and performance.

I am about to upgrade to sapphire 7900xtx nitro + and I am thinking of modding it with this waterblock:

I'd like to know if it would be possible to reuse some components from my eiswolf 2 AIO.

Could I keep the same radiator with fans and pipes?

I reckon I would have to buy a water pump too, which one should I get?

Would this cooling liquid be the right one?

Would I neeed any other component?

Thank you all for your help!

Hello Puchmecs,

yes it is possible to reuse the components you mentioned.

You need as you reckognised a new pump with reservoir for your system.

Our recommendation would be the or the

I have linked you to the large version of the Eisbecher as the smaller version is not currently in stock. However, the smaller version of these reservoirs is completely sufficient for the system you have described.

If you plan to expand your system, the larger version of the respective reservoir is the slightly better option in terms of cooling capacity, but both work well.

The is a good choice, other ways you can also choose the The but it`s corrently out of stock.

I noticed that you haven't mentioned any fittings or hoses in your list. If you haven't thought about this yet, you will need to find out the amount of tubing and fittings needed for your project. The reservoir is an additional component that must be integrated into the cooling circuit.

If there is anything more we can do for you just ask.

You`re welcome.

Puchmecs

Hello Puchmecs,

I have linked you to the large version of the Eisbecher as the smaller version is not currently in stock. However, the smaller version of these reservoirs is completely sufficient for the system you have described.

If you plan to expand your system, the larger version of the respective reservoir is the slightly better option in terms of cooling capacity, but both work well.

The is a good choice, other ways you can also choose the The but it`s corrently out of stock.

I noticed that you haven't mentioned any fittings or hoses in your list. If you haven't thought about this yet, you will need to find out the amount of tubing and fittings needed for your project. The reservoir is an additional component that must be integrated into the cooling circuit.

You`re welcome.

Hi Christopher,

thank you very much for your detailed reply.

I noticed that new AIO coolers for 7900xt/xtx have just been released.

I am thinking of going for an AIO because it will end up being cheaper and less difficult to set up than separate components.

Just one question:

While AIOs for series 7000 custom GPUs from Sapphire and AsRock are compatible with both 7900xt and 7900xtx models the AIO for reference design only lists 7900xtx models as compatible.

Is it correct or 7900xt reference models were just mistakenly omitted from description and are compatible too?

https://www.alphacool.com/shop/aios...-aio-360mm-rx-7900xtx-reference-mit-backplate

Thanks for your support!

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi The AMD 7900XT and 7900XTX Reference card are using a different PCB and therefore the water block for the RX7900 XTX is not compatible with the RX7900XT.

Puchmecs

Hi The AMD 7900XT and 7900XTX Reference card are using a different PCB and therefore the water block for the RX7900 XTX is not compatible with the RX7900XT.
Hi thank you for your reply.

Do you plan to release an AIO Cooler compatible with 7900xt reference board?

Chhoww

Hello Puchmecs,

You`re welcome.
Thank you for the detailed answer, I think that someday it will be useful for me too