Eiswolf 2 + Eisbaer AIOs - Liquid ?

Tac0Meat

I ran into a problem with my Eisbaer (6900xt) cooler which needs to be replaced. My Eiswolf 2 was on the same loop but there's a chance that something got into the liquid and caused a blockage.

My thinking is I should do a little maintenance on my Eiswolf BEFORE adding a new Eisbaer to the loop.

Which liquid should I be using? I have a new bottle of Apex ECO Clear No UV 1000ml, is that ok to use?

I assume just flush with Eiswolf with distilled water, then fill with Apex ECO?

How much fluid should I expect to use in filling this AIO back up? Will be adding a 360 Eisbaer Aurora AIO to this loop once it arrives, so need to ensure the liquids are compatible or will I'll need to flush the new AIO?

Thanks for any insights!

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @Tac0Meat

What do you mean by blockage, do you see any deposits on the cooling fins on the Eiswolf cooling block or is the pump making noises due to a foreign body?

If there are deposits on the cooling fins, you can try rinsing them (preferably with backwashing from the other direction of flow), but unfortunately that doesn't always work. Otherwise, all that remains is to completely disassemble the Eiswolf and clean the cooler directly, which is a bit difficult and you have to be very careful because of the seals.

If the pump is now making strange noises, it could be that there is either a foreign body in between or that air got caught after the conversion and may now have bearing damage.
Alternatively, you can also contact support info@alphacool.com.

Yes, use distilled water for rinsing.
To fill up the Eiswolf you can use the Apex Liquid Eco, which is also released for the cooling liquid in the Eisbaer and Eiswolf Aio's.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you the exact filling quantity, but 1 liter is perfectly sufficient for an Eiswolf AIO.

Best Regards

Tac0Meat

I contacted support and have been taken care of (fantastic support!) Sadly due the nature of the failure of the AIO I needed to get another. At this point I just do not want to have the possibility to create a new problem. I also figure that a little preventative maintenance wouldn't hurt.

Also it's my understanding that AIO's are not serviceable except for drain / fill.