Eiswolf 2 for 3080, what sized radiator?

Wojalee

Hi I have a Zotac trinity oc 3080 which is running a bit hot.
I was hoping to get a Eiswolf 2 for it with either a 360 or 420mm radiator for it if I decide to add the CPU into the loop.
Is there an option for a prefilled 420 or would I have to get the radiator, tubing and quick disconnects separately for it?
I have a Silverstone Ft02 which isn't really build for watercooling so I can put the 420 down the bottom and a 120 up the top in the future I guess.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Uhmmm, in this case i would definietly recommend to use at least a 420 mm radiator and go for customloop. This is my personal opinion really.

Wojalee

Would the Eiswolf 2 pump not be enough for a 420mm radiator? I have a Noctua DH15 on the CPU at the moment and it's holding it's own.
I was thinking just the Eiswolf with a big radiator down the bottom for now with the CPU on air. Can we convert the Eiswolf 2 block into a standard block if I go to a custom loop in the future?

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Can we convert the Eiswolf 2 block into a standard block if I go to a custom loop in the future?
Yes you can do that. You can use every part for your future loop.I would not recommend to go with the smal pump for such a loop. I would personally use a D5 for the system.

Wojalee

Yes you can do that. You can use every part for your future loop.I would not recommend to go with the smal pump for such a loop. I would personally use a D5 for the system.
Just to clarify, you would advise against an AIO GPU with a 420mm rad by itself or would it be ok?

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
No i did not said that. An AIO only for the CPU with a 420 mm radiator is okay but if you want to expand the loop with an additional GPU block it would be too much for the pump. A stornger pump in the loop is in my opinion better.

Wojalee

Oh awesome! I'll just wait for the Eiswolf 2 for the reference 3080 and pair it with a 420mm rad when it becomes available then! I'll rework the loop in the future if the CPU struggles

Wojalee

Sorry to keep asking questions, what's the availability of a 2 bay res with pump at the moment? Is it really a wait until June July?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
We dont recommend a parallel flow. It can happen very quickly that a parallel water flow no longer functions properly, because water always looks for the easiest way. In the worst case, the CPU is no longer cooled properly. Otherwise, the basket looks ok.