Eiswolf 2 for Inno3d 3090 iChill X4

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
unfortunately, this card has not yet been listed for the new cooler. Only a picture of the PCB will help us to make a decision.

Andi197

unfortunately, this card has not yet been listed for the new cooler. Only a picture of the PCB will help us to make a decision.
Okay, in the compatibility list there is the cooler 11942 and under eiswolf 2 it says: coming soon. Maybe I go for a Full Costum build when the 11942 arrives next month. I wish I had a reference design. these coolers are in stock. Thanks for your help @Thomas_S @Eddy

danfullstop

Ordered mine a little while ago, slightly disappointed it isn’t a full cover block for the 3090 but at the same time do understand that they need the product to cover as many GPU's as possible and I would rather that was the case and it was released than it not being released at all. This block for a 3080 would be really good as all the RAM will be covered, not as good for us 3090 owners as the back is still passive but im obviously not that bothered otherwise I wouldn’t have ordered one, im just hoping it fits in my case as I already have a 360mm in there for the CPU :oops: and I was expecting this to be a 240mm.

Thankfully my shipping wasn’t a lot, although im not sure if ill get hit with import charges to the UK after the lovely brexit happened… we shall see.

Bullant

You have me worried now. The descriptions says that the watercooling is applied to the VRAM, and that is the only reason I am buying, my GPU temps are fine but VRAM is through the roof!

Bullant

Just went and read the product description again:

The Alphacool Eiswolf 2 is the first full cover GPU AIO waterblock from Alphacool. It is based on the Alphacool GPX Eisblock Aurora GPX water block, a pump unit and a 360mm NexXxoS ST30 full copper radiator. The latter is equipped with the Alphacool Aurora Rise Digital RGB fans.

Fullcover Waterblock?
The Eiswolf 2 graphics card AIO water block not only cools the GPU with liquid but also all relevant components that require active cooling. This includes the graphics memory, the VRM and, if necessary, other components that require direct cooling. By using the Eisblock GPX Aurora water cooler, the cooling capacity is identical to that of a DIY graphics card water cooler.

Sounds like it is a fullcover waterblock and will cool the VRAM, no?

danfullstop

You have me worried now. The descriptions says that the watercooling is applied to the VRAM, and that is the only reason I am buying, my GPU temps are fine but VRAM is through the roof!

Didnt mean to worry you sorry!

The images and the description show a backplate and the block only covers the GPU side (which also has VRAM on it) but on the 3090 there is also VRAM on the rear.

Bullant

Fingers crossed. Hopefully with a proper backplate and thermal compound that actually bridges the gap between the ram and the backplate (my $3K card has none!) all will be good.

danfullstop

Im hoping the same, my Zotac is useless at cooling unless the fans are really high, which kinda of tells you how useless the cooler is.