Eiswolf 2 - purchase/package condition

Dismagician

Hi!

I have recently bought Eiswolf 2 for my RTX 3090 from a polish retailer angela.pl.

First thing that made me suspicious about the package was the box seal which apparently was damaged (see attached photo).

I contacted the retailer and they said it’s OK, and it happens from time to time. They assured they will supply me with anything missing from the package.

Alright, I started assembling the AIO. When mounting the backplate a few drops of the coolant appeared on my desk. I inspected the block to discover a leakage. Between two plexi parts, outside the black rubbers, there is a small amount of the coolant. Applying a little force makes it clearly visible.

After that I inspected the whole AIO. I found out that the radiator (fins) looks corroded(?) or at least it is in orange/red color. See attached photo. It is clearly visible and covers most of the radiator. It is very weird to me as the color is visible only on one side of the fins. The other one is perfectly black. Additionally, I can see some kind of a residue/patina/oxidation marks near radiator inlets on the fins side.

Is this state of the AIO I described an expected condition for a brand new product? Should I RMA?

C0E0B701-CDAF-4C41-8B44-9CCA3CB229B8.jpeg2076BF72-B0C3-4AE2-B337-AA5501A6A2AF.jpegD35E65A8-5BAC-4822-8D34-C47FEF91CC27.jpeg

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
The radiator is not corroded, these are the copper fins we do little to no painting to maximize cooling performance. Water, of course, should not leak. But I also do not see in the picture where the water has leaked. But if something leaks here, I would immediately start an RMA and replace the cooler. Of course, this should not happen.

Dismagician

Thank you for your fast response.
Please take a look at the picture below. It shows leaking drops from between two plexi parts.

If I look close enough, the coolant is almost everywhere in the IO half of the block. I used a protective foil from one of the thermopads and easily pushed it between plexi parts moving the leaked coolant.

I assume this should not happen, right?

F11E6C0C-2CE4-4DCD-BC60-076B598D37BD.jpeg

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Then please contact the support directly. It is best to send a link to this thread with the note that they can see pictures there. They will then take care of the rest. Please do not continue to operate the card with the cooler.

But please see if the plexi has warped at the point, if so, please take a picture of that too. But I rather assume that an O-ring in the terminal is not seated correctly. Please do NOT disassemble the terminal without talking to support first.

info@alphacool.com

Dismagician

F4C05A65-70A5-460F-85E4-5343B3CB8985.jpeg24A2A41D-8920-47FA-AFDF-84179C539214.jpeg
Indeed, the screw’s head is above the plexi.
I attach side view of the block. The top layer seems to be bent. I loosen backplate screews to see if it would change anything. It did not. The top layer is naturally bent like this.

I will contact support and link this thread. Thank you for pointing out what to do.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Great pictures, they will help a lot. Thanks for that. Check also your spam folder, sometims our mails are there :(