Eiswolf 2

Alexandre

Hello, is it possible to use the eiswolf 2 for rtx 3080 on a custom loop?
Or will there be a problem with the 2 different pumps?
Or remove the pump if I switch to a custom water-cooling? In order to reuse the waterblock?
Sincerely Alexandre

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Hi, can you be more specific about what you have in mind?

First of all, all components of the Eiswolf are part of our DIY range. For this reason, you can of course use the Eiswolf 2 for a custom loop.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
You can use the Eiswolf in a custom loop with a stronger pump. Think that is, what he has in his mind ;-)

Alexandre

Hello actually I have to move my computer occasionally so the eiswolf 2 would be handy for that reason.
But my final project in a few months would be to have some kind of mora 3 420mm to benchmark in silence and have the best possible temperatures.
So be able to tune in to it when I'm at home.
And use the eiswolf 2 alone when I'm on the move.
In this regard the eiswolf 2 240mm which has just been released is compatible for reference pcb, the Asus rog strix 3080 is a reference pcb? Or the eiswolf 2 for the rog strix has not yet been released?
Sincerely Alexandre

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Esiwolf 2 for RTX 3080/3090 have 360mm radiators not 240mm. And ROG Strix has a custom design, not a reference design. We will also make some custom designs later, nut sure when they will be done.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
That is an old picture from the 2080TI version. Also with the old fans. No idea why they have that old picture, they got all new pictures a few days ago.

Alexandre

Between the image and the description it's true that it confused me.
Okay, thank you very much for your time and your answers.
I will therefore wait for the model for the strix.
Have a good day

dsawchak

Is it possible to remove the pump unit from Eiswolf 2 for use in a custom loop? If so, how? I have seen references to this possibility but cannot find instructions for how to accomplish this anywhere.

(Specifically, the pump unit partially blocks adjacent slots, preventing installation of another GPU directly above/below it.)
Thank you!

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Hello. No, there are no instructions for this, because this option is not provided. The disassembly & assembly of the pump unit is difficult & complex! Because of this, we actually advise against making these changes.