Eiszeit Chiller 2000

Matteux

Hi!

I bought Eiszeit Chiller 2000 recently and I am pretty pleased with it. It cools well enough and works as promised. The fans could be better (65dB is a bit too loud), and I do miss the options to change the fan and the pump speed tough.

But I am wondering, why do you keep the warning on the product page, that says it can not chill below 20C?

This chiller can chill, in the right conditions, as low as 1C. I tested it.. and it says so in the manual.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Hi, if you run the Chiller below 20° condensation can form and damage the unit inside. That is why we warn our customers.

Matteux

Fair enough :) It is a misleading warning tough, and will probably drive away potential customers.

Of course the tubing inside the unit is isolated (for those who consider to buy this product) and the condensation is related to the dew point temperature. It can happen above 20C too.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Well we had in the past a couple of RMA because of this issue. That is why we have decided to give this information to the customers :)

LasseK1981

I am strongly considering the Chiller like you. The Eiszeit 2000. I am worried that it will be too loud for apartment and night use...
I will however place it in a room for it self with the tubing through the wall... do you think that will be ok ? I mean how loud is it? I can see the 65db is a bit over regular smaller chillers. And one thing is the fans? But what about the AC unit it self? isnt it very loud? Have you tried to configure it for constant mode rahter than "intelligent" mode? Supposely it should run constant but lower?
Thanks in advance
Lasse Kristensen

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
The volume is irrelevant for the target group we are aiming at. The chiller is intended for industrial customers and is tuned and configured for them accordingly. The pump alone with 1 bar pressure is actually not suitable for water cooling. The chiller is used for cooling machines.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
I would check out Heilea chiller. They don`t have a pump inside, so you can work well with them for a water cooling system with a normal DDC oder D5 pump. Think also they are more quiet than Eiszeit Chiller and they have different sizes.