Eiszyklon Aurora Lux Digital RGB fan speed control?

Zxanthion

How can I operate the fan speed from a motherboard fan header on these fans? I've got 6 (2x 3 pack) with controllers but I can't see any way to do that. I've hunted about for adapters etc. but there doesn't seem to be anything other than the controllers included in the box that only operate via the remote. There is a 2 pin connector next to the power for the controller but I can't find any details what that's for.

I want to be able to control the fan speed on all 6 fans according to the liquid temp in a CPU & GPU loop (all AC). The remote control is great but I don't want to be running about looking for it if things get too hot.

Motherboard: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite

Also while I'm here: Would the Eiszapfen Temperature Sensor Plug (#17365) be suitable for the hybrid fan headers on this board? I would imagine so but just to be sure.

Thanks.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Hi,

it is not possible to connect the Aurora LUX fans with the Mainboard. You can use them only with the controller wich comes with the 3pcs set. Sorry. And for the Temp Seonsor, you mainboard has no Connector for sensors. So you will need another controller for that Sensor.

Zxanthion

That's disappointing.

Regarding the temp sensor: Under the 'Smart Fan 5' section, it has this claim on the Gigabyte Aorus Elite website:
Assume complete control over your liquid cooling setup! Smart Fan 5 receives up-to-the-second information on flow-rate and water-temperature through the Hybrid Fan Pin Headers or external thermistor sensors—giving you absolute mastery over your PC.
I'll give it a try & see what happens.