Expanding Eiswolf 2 Loop

Elmintrude

Hi,

I've just taken delivery of the Eiswolf 2 for my 3080 ti Founders Edition and I'm looking forward to installing it when my new case arrives. I've been looking at my current set up and I don't think I'm going to have the space to install the 360 rad at the top of my Fractal Design Define 7 when it arrives because I've got a big, silly Noctua nh-d15 air cooler for my 3700x so I think that needs to go.

I noticed that I can expand the loop to include a cpu cooler and extra rad but I'm not sure what I'd need to buy so I was hoping you could advise please? I'd like another 360 rad if possible but I don't think the Define 7 will fit a rad that size at the front so I might need to go for a 240mm instead. The case specs say it will fit in the front but the rad for Eiswolf 2 is 395mm so I don't think another that size will fit l. I'm not sure, I'm new to this topic.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and no doubt end up with me ordering it. I'm hoping to get everything installed next weekend.

Thanks

Elmintrude

The Define 7 is big enough for 2 "360mm" radiators. In the manual page 8 is an example with 2 "360mm" radiators.
Take one of this "Eisbaers" and connect them with your Eiswolf.
Thanks for your response and for pointing me in the right direction.

The thing that concerns me is that although they are 360mm radiators the dimensions on the Eisbaers that I've looked at state that theyre 400mm. The Eiswolf 2 is something like 394mm so that's why I plan on putting at the top of the case where it can fit a 420mm radiator.

So I guess my question is if there's a way of finding out if the 360mm slot at the front of the Define 7 is exactly 360mm or do manufacturers allow some room to work to allow for the housing, tubes etc that come with a radiator?

Elmintrude

You can put 3 140mm fans in the front. I think there is enough room for a "bigger" 360 Radiator.
Yes! You're right. I just found a build log of someone using a similar sized front radiator in the same case so I'm certain I can fit one. Thanks very much for your help. Have a nice Sunday.

Iroh47

i'm going to suggest a stronger pump if you're expanding past a single block. Weak pump(dc-lt) to begin with, definitely not suited for 2 block/2 rads. D5 if you can fit it, ddc if you cannot. Since this is the place to shill ocool, vpp655 would be the D5. You'd need a res/pump top too, matching whatever pump you choose.

Elmintrude

i'm going to suggest a stronger pump if you're expanding past a single block. Weak pump(dc-lt) to begin with, definitely not suited for 2 block/2 rads. D5 if you can fit it, ddc if you cannot. Since this is the place to shill ocool, vpp655 would be the D5. You'd need a res/pump top too, matching whatever pump you choose.
I think that'll be my next step but for now I'm just going to play around with the AIOs and get what I can out of them. I do have two pumps though as there's one on the Cpu and one on the GPU but I don't imagine they're as powerful as ones designed for full custom loops.

Thabks for the suggestion though.

pdifolco

I think that'll be my next step but for now I'm just going to play around with the AIOs and get what I can out of them. I do have two pumps though as there's one on the Cpu and one on the GPU but I don't imagine they're as powerful as ones designed for full custom loops.

Same here, I'm not sure how and where I can install res and pump in my P600S with rads front and top (360 & 280 no other possibility)

Some clues ?

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Same here, I'm not sure how and where I can install res and pump in my P600S with rads front and top (360 & 280 no other possibility)

Some clues ?
For suggestions, only pictures of your setup will help here ;-)

Thomas_S

Staff member

... they are not. The flow rate of the DC-LT2 is 75 litres per hour. Of course, this is still reduced due to the coolers, quick-release couplings, etc. But it is still quite sufficient for the AIO. With a DDC or D5 pump, you could definitely increase the flow rate and thus also improve the cooling capacity.

Thomas_S

Staff member
1640156307074.png

There is enough space. How about the marked area? .... or standing in front of the radiator in the front?

pdifolco

View attachment 3448

There is enough space. How about the marked area? .... or standing in front of the radiator in the front?

That's an idea, I didn't spot there were some holes there over the PSU for a rad, my initial idea was to attach the pump+res to the front rad indeed
Both will work then thx!

A last question : I was thinking about using an Eisbecher 150mm with D5 pump, will this be good or should I go for the 250mm ? Or another pump ?

pdifolco

I usually always recommend ->

- Alphacool Eisbecher Aurora D5 Acetal/Glas - 150mm
- Alphacool Eispumpe VPP755 - Single Edition V.3

Whether 150mm or 250mm doesn't matter. You can decide freely according to appearance, personal preferences and available space ;-)

Ok, was thinking of getting this "set", what's the difference , as it's cheaper (150mm version isn't available anymore) ?

And pls confirm what else I need, I suppose :

- A couple fittings for connecting tubes to the pump
- One QR coupling (M+F) to connect to existings couplings from AIOs
- Approx 60/80 cm tubing, was thinking of keeping soft tubes but I have to buy 3m, didn't find less length on store (but ok it's cheap)??
- Coolant

That's all ?

Thomas_S

Staff member
Eisbecher Glas is nicer! (I think, but a matter of taste)

- A couple fittings for connecting tubes to the pump
- One QR coupling (M+F) to connect to existings couplings from AIOs
- Approx 60/80 cm tubing, was thinking of keeping soft tubes but I have to buy 3m, didn't find less length on store (but ok it's cheap)??
- Coolant

That's all ?
-> Thats all! ;-)

pdifolco

Eisbecher Glas is nicer! (I think, but a matter of taste)

-> Thats all! ;-)

Great!
But now I see there's several tube and fittings sizes, what should I use ? 13/10 11/8 whatever ????
And there's a ton of fittings choice, which ones should I get ?

I do need a simple guide "build custom loop 101 for dummies" lol

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Most using tube size is 13/10mm than 16/10mm. Doesn`t matter which one you like to use. The thicker ones do not buckle as quickly, but they are also a little more difficult to lay in narrow places.
If you want to use a 13/10 hose, you also need hose connections for 13/10mm. This is not difficult. Always pay attention to the dimensions. You can't do much wrong here if you "read" a little.
You need 2 connections per component. So for two per radiator, cooler, expansion tank. In addition to straight connections, I would always include a few 90° angles. Actually, that's enough. Most adapters are needed for hard tubes or if you have really difficult places.

pdifolco

Ok, looks like I got everything, or at least hope so :)
Here's my order list, ist alles gut ? :)

Happy New Year to all of you also !

Alphacool Shopping Cart
Item IDProduct Name
1013350​
Alphacool Eisbecher D5 250mm Acetal reservoir incl. 1x Alphacool Eispumpe VPP755 V.3
1016781​
Alphacool HF compression Fitting TPV - 12,7/7,6mm Straight - Black - 6pcs Kit
1016780​
Alphacool HF quick release connector kit TPV - Eisbaer compatible - black
1016779​
Alphacool tube AlphaTube TPV 12,7/7,6 - black matte 3,3m (10ft) retail box
1015312​
Alphacool Eistools Modding Cutter - Black
1014015​
Alphacool Eiswasser Crystal Clear UV-active premixed coolant 1000ml