Failing Pump on Eiswolf 240

tukerus

Hello!
Recently my Eiswolf 240 pump has been making a lot noise, i think its starting to fail. it sounds like an old hard drive failing, at first I thought that my hard drives are failing but I had just bought my hard drives about 3 months ago, but then the noise just kept getting louder and more frequent. It used to happen every once in a while, even in the last month it has not made any weird sounds. Last night it just constantly made that weird hard drive sound, for now i ahve quickly swapped it for the stock cooler to keep it from further deteriorating.
The only mods that I did was changing the stock piping ( because it was too long). I filled my loop with only distilled water which I bought from a local pharmacy. and moved it to be a CPU cooler, because my old GPU died.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
The whole thing can have two causes. Firstly... there was too much air in the circuit. When micro-bubbles get caught in the pump, it makes exactly this kind of noise. This can also cause the pump to break down. Please contact our support: info@alphacool.com