Gholman1

First time building a ITX.
Motherboard— Gigabyte B550i Pro AX
CPU—Ryzen 5600x
Ram—Corsair LPX 16gb
GPU—Gigabyte 3060 TI Elite 2.0 LHR

CPU block— Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora
Pump/Resivor— Alphacool Eisball
RadiatorAlphacool St30 120mm(looking to upgrade to a monsta)
GPU block— waiting for Alphacool to make one, LOL.
Thoughts or changes that would be better (I would like hard tubes, but have never used them)

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
The ST30 with 120mm will not be sufficient for CPU & GPU. Only for the CPU it will be difficult. You should plan with more radiator surface from the beginning.

Gholman1

Correct. There is no water cooling block for the GPU at the moment. I was looking at the st45 or monsta if I get a gpu block. There is no place for any additional place for more radiators

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
That's what I meant! Even if you only want to cool the Ryzen processor, it's already sporty with only 120mm. That's why I would plan with the ST45 or Monsta variant right from the start. It's also more efficient in terms of costs. But I don't want to discourage you from buying it ;-)

Gholman1

Thanks Thomas! I had the st30 laying around from a old build. I love the eisball, perfect build for it. I can tell when overclocking the processor it struggles to keep cool. What is the wattage rating of the st45 or Monsta. Lastly, do you think Alphacool will start making blocks for the 3060ti? I have been using your products for years and would like to complete the build with a gpu block.. I would even be willing to ship my card as the test subject. Thanks for the professional feedback.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Right now we dont plan to make coolers for RTX 3060Ti series because we have no real request for that. A 120mm Monsta can handle up to 400W..... buuuuut.... only with Push&Pull 4000rpm fans. And for a Monsta radiator is Push&Pull necessary or the performance will be worse than with a XT45 radiator. Also if you like to use fans with less than 2000rpm a thinner radiator will performe better. Monsta rads are only for high performance fans and if noise isn`t relevant.
A 120mm XT45 with Push and Pull fans with ~1200rpm can handle 200-250W if you dont need the slowest temperatures. Of course they will be better than with an air cooler but how much better depends on too many different things. So i cant tell you any temperature examples.

Gholman1

I currently have the st30 with push/pull @1700rpm and I get 80c under full load @4.8ghz on all 6 cores.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
More or less normal with Ryzen. Temps will be not really much better with a XT45. Mainproblem is more the CPU itselfe and how AMD is working with the TDP steps.