GPU Backplate scratched at the edge exposing the metal . Will any metal paint work?

dcompost

Hi everyone.
I assembled my first custom loop with success and in the process I scratched the edge of the black backplate of the Alphacool 3080 Aurora Turbo which exposes the metal below the black finish. It is not a big or deep scratch. Can I do a cosmetic fix using any metal paint or is there a better way?
Thanks
Christian

Hi everyone.
I assembled my first custom loop with success and in the process I scratched the edge of the black backplate of the Alphacool 3080 Aurora Turbo which exposes the metal below the black finish. It is not a big or deep scratch. Can I do a cosmetic fix using any metal paint or is there a better way?
Thanks
Christian

Hello Christian,

the black layer on the back is a metal coating. For cosmetic fixes you can paint with any metal paint.

Please make sure not to paint the other side of the backplate, and that the paint applied is not too thick (paint insulates and the thicker the paint, the worse it is for cooling performance).

Please also remember to let the paint dry well before re-installation so that no vapours from the paint can settle in your system or cause a cross-reaction.