GPU waterblock won't allow coolant to flow

Hello, I live in Peru (south america), recently I received a GPU waterblock for my 3080 aorus master from Performance PCs.com, however, while installing it to my current loop, I noticed the coolant could not flow through it, after several hours of troubleshooting, I removed the GPU block and tested it with a compressed air leak tester from EKWB, just to see how water would behave, but air won't pass through either, even with outlet ports open. I wondered what can I do to fix this? Is my unit a bad one? I would really appreciate your help.

Loop is working just fine without the GPU block, I even tested the GPU block with a rad only without positive results.

As you can see in the image, outlet ports are fully opened, however, the leak tester is not losing pressure, air won't flow.
IMG_5216.jpg
IMG_5219.jpg

Last edited:

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
:oops::oops::oops: Very strange. But my colleague in development thinks that he can probably recognise the error. The round O-ring on the right side of the lower picture seems to be missing the holes between the planes. Is it possible that the water is still inside here? Or can you take a close-up of it?
I haven't seen anything like that yet either....

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
I've been with the company for 6 years and this is the first time I've seen something like this. Please contact PPCS and get the cooler exchanged. Sorry for the trouble.