Help filling Alphacool Eisbecher D5 250mm Acetal reservoir from Top.

DarkGabriel1991

Hello!

First of all, sorry if you find some bad English typos.

I'm so excited to build my first custom water cooling loop, the last pieces are arriving (all from Alphacool), but I'm a little afraid with this situation.
I want to set the in of my reservoir from the top, so I was thinking, as I see in the fitting interactive map, to use a Y-shape fit with the incoming tube in the inclined angle (45°), and fill the reservoir from the right angle. But maybe one fill of coolant will not be enough, so I don't know if, after the first loop filling by activating the MOBO, and after power off, I can securely open the screw plug I will place at the top of the Y-shape fit, refill the missing coolant in the reservoir, and restart the MOBO to check if more coolant is needed.

Maybe the physics law I don't study at the school or some fluid and pipes principles unknown by me can play a crucial role in this plan :ROFLMAO: but I prefer to get help from some experimented user to help me to understand if I make a mistake in my combination, miss to buy some other components to a more safely fill, or (the positive side) everything it's gonna be alright.

I want to get my PC water cooled because the summer is really hot here at Italy, I cannot put an air conditioner at my house (at the moment) and I want to navigate with Jack Sparrow at the Sea of Thieves new event, but this game makes my PC run so holy guacamole ? HOT AS HELL ?

Better if I take the safe way to play :giggle: You will find some images as reference, make me know if want to show you all the buy list or the specs of my PC build.

Cheers!

Image #1: some of the items I bought
1624447118668.png

Image #2: the part of the interactive map I use to set the idea
1624447892281.png

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Can you send a few pictures of your setup in advance, especially of the reservoir of course? If you have set it up as shown in the picture, the Y-adapter serves as a fill port for the expansion tank. Water cannot escape in the position. For filling without spilling, we have a few tools on offer here ;-)

It`s main use is to fill the reservoir either directly or via a fill tube, which usually only exposes a tiny hole for filling with its small 1/4 inch threaded opening. The funnel cannot slip away thanks to the G1/4" connection.

Does that help you?

DarkGabriel1991

Thanks for the response.

I still waiting for the delivery of the components (was sent today ?), but my plan is to build it same as the fit interactive map. Maybe is not too late to buy the filling funnel, but you gave me an idea. I'll be pleasured to share in this thread if my idea works.

Stay tuned :giggle: