Help to refill my loop

nicopatan

Hi,

I need some help from you.
I will expand my Eisbaer 360 lt loop with another rad + reservoir + pump to increase the liquid in my loop and get more easy maintenance of it, while reduce fans speeds. So, I was wondering which product I will have to use to fill up the new components I will add to the loop.
I have been reading a couple of threads along the forum and they recommended

1669832054375.png

Unfortunately, I can't get those one here in my country...or the shipping cost is really too high.

However, I can get a bottle of this one
1669832138946.png

Can I use it in the existing circuit of the pre-filled Eisbäer, or there are any incompatibilities?
or Should I empty the whole loop and replace it with it?
Can I use distilled water instead?

Please let me know your recommendations, and any other advice you consider helpful.
Best Regards.

Nicolas.

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Please use Apex Liquid Eco or Tec Protect 2 Clear. Both liquids will work well. :)

nicopatan

Thanks for your response, Thomas!

So, I finally bought it a Tec2 bottle as you recommend it for my new components.
Unfortunately, today I found my reservoir and hoses with a white foam floating on top!
do you know what is going on? Can you let me know what I have done wrong?
I just expanded my loop with new components, and added Tec protect 2 to complete the liquid on my loop as I asked on my previous post....are both liquid incompatibles?

Please help me with this, and let me know your recommendations.
Regards

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-12-26 at 08.43.17(1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-12-26 at 08.43.17(1).jpeg
    42.5 KB · Views: 1
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-12-26 at 08.43.17.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-12-26 at 08.43.17.jpeg
    30.9 KB · Views: 1

nicopatan

No, I havent. I have used it to filled up the liquid from the prebuild eisbaer 360lt, because it was really low due to evaporation. So, Not sure what is the original liquid you put inside. That's why I asked in my original message for incompatibilities between liquid....unless the tech bottle arrived in bad state from shipping...is that possible?

any thoughts or recommendations?
I appreciate your help with this.
Regards.

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi,

different liquids shouldn´t be mixed. Our AIOs are prefilled with distilled water and Glycol. It can be that the glycol has been reacted with the liquid.
I would recommend to flush your system with distilled water and after that refilling it with the Tec Protect 2.

nicopatan

Oh...I see...that's why I asked in the first place about incompatibilities 😥 Unfortunately I have used almost all the tech bottle I bought to fill my loop.
Can I complete with distilled water the tec2 that I don't have...will be incompatibilities? or should I buy another bottle of TEC2?

Regards

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
You can mix the Tec Protect with distilled water but this would lower the effectivness of the additives. The best would be that you get an 2nd bottle of Tec protect 2

nicopatan

Thanks for your response.
I will go with destiled water, or any other brand I can get... and see how it works. Unfortunately, it will cost me a lot to get another TEC 2, and I more time to wait for shipping. I wanted to go with all alphacool products...that's why I asked my doubts in the first place to avoid this kind of issues. Anyway, thanks for your patience.