How do I use 2x 90 degree rotatable fittings on a cpu block

thebguy

Hi, I bought the 90 degree rotatable fittings and they are very good but I cannot see how to screw two into a cpu block when the spacing doesn't allow the fitting to turn without hitting the other. I have tried to remove the barb end of the 90 degree fitting but it seems impossible to remove?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Picture please, i dont really understand the problem. I mean, why there is no space..... that is strange.

thebguy

Picture please, i dont really understand the problem. I mean, why there is no space..... that is strange.

Hi Eddy I have attached a photo. I am trying to screw the top fitting into the cpu block but it is blocked by the other fitting I have already screwed in.

Is it possible to remove the barb end of the angled fitting? It is fitting 17237

Thank you

IMG_1021.jpeg

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
If you want to use pliers, please be careful and do not tighten them too tight. I would put a thin cloth over the pliers so that you don't scratch the connection.

thebguy

If you want to use pliers, please be careful and do not tighten them too tight. I would put a thin cloth over the pliers so that you don't scratch the connection.

Thanks :) I did that and I think I got it in ok in the end! I went very slow, held the 90 degree bend part of the fitting still and twisted the g1/4 connection into the block. One question, on these fittings do the barb ends come off at all?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Sorry... your last question... not really sure what you want to ask. Can you explain it in another way please? Or do you mean the union nut? You have to unscrew it and push it on the hose before you put the hose on the fitting. Then the union nut is screwed on to press the hose firmly against the fitting.

thebguy

Hi Eddy, I mean can the compression fitting be removed fully?

So it goes from this

1600284162198.png
to this:

1600284148131.png

The fitting is number 17237 which comes with the compression fitting already on, I am not sure if it can be removed. I tried and it didn't seem to come off but maybe I am doing it the wrong way :D

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Ah.. ok... not, that is not possible. 17237 is a complete fitting, that other connector you showed is a L-Adapter. Thats for people who like to use further adapters with that fitting like with a double 45° connector (17250).