How to clean it? Rust and alge.

Pyrenees

Your forum support told me to refill my Alphacool, but i want clean it, because i cant look at this. Looks disgusting.

How can i open it?
How to clean this metal backplate?
Also why I have rust on my bolt?

Everything looks different than on YouTube - I'm a bit disappointed.

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @Pyrenees

The way it looks in your first picture, it's either algae or I think it's more like "verdigris" due to a reaction of copper in the expansion tank. Unfortunately, this container cannot be opened without destroying it.

Cleaning the bottom of the radiator from your second picture is rather unprofitable because it looks like the nickel layer has come off. Cleaning would only help a little in the short term, but it can still happen that the nickel layer further decomposes or peels off and thus either further damages the circuit or it even ends up leaking.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you why the two retaining screws of the DC-LT pump are rusting.

You are welcome to contact the support (info@alphacool.com), it is best to link this post to it.

Best Regards

Pyrenees

Hi @Pyrenees

The way it looks in your first picture, it's either algae or I think it's more like "verdigris" due to a reaction of copper in the expansion tank. Unfortunately, this container cannot be opened without destroying it.

Cleaning the bottom of the radiator from your second picture is rather unprofitable because it looks like the nickel layer has come off. Cleaning would only help a little in the short term, but it can still happen that the nickel layer further decomposes or peels off and thus either further damages the circuit or it even ends up leaking.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you why the two retaining screws of the DC-LT pump are rusting.

You are welcome to contact the support (info@alphacool.com), it is best to link this post to it.

Best Regards
Hi @Luckystricker

Thanks for answer.
I realizes that copper reacts with this "water".

The point is, AIO is only a year and 5 months old. I am curious how much was lying in the store :).
I am bit regretting the purchase, I could have added 150 bucks and had normal water cooling.

I wrote yesterday, thanks.