How to cool my 6800XT with 280mm radiator ?

adrian

Hello,

I would like something like the Eiswolf 2 AIO - Radeon RX 6000, but with 280mm radiator instead of the 360mm one, for the front side of my Corsair 750D Airflow case.

Is there an option for this ? Do I have to assemble such a loop myself from parts ? I would much prefer an AIO (as I am new to water loops), but without one, what should I get to do the same thing ?

--
Thank you,
Adrian Vasile Constantin

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Hi, we don't have a 280 Eiswolf 2 AIO for 6800XT. The easiest & most sensible way to realise your project is to use a DIY water cooling system. Enclosed is a small shopping list that should technically work:
1. Alphacool Eisblock Aurora Acryl GPX-A Radeon RX 6800/6800XT/6900XT Reference mit Backplate
(do you have a card in the Reference Design? Which card do you have exactly?)
2. Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper 280mm radiator V.2
3. 2x Alphacool Eiszyklon Aurora LUX PRO Digital RGB (140x140x25mm)
4. Alphacool Eisstation VPP reservoir incl. Alphacool Eispumpe VPP755 V.3 pump
5. Alphacool tube AlphaTube TPV 12,7/7,6 - black matte 3,3m (10ft) retail box
6. Alphacool HF compression Fitting TPV - 12,7/7,6mm Straight - Black - 6pcs Kit
7. 2x Apex Liquid ECO 1000ml clear
8. Alphacool Apex filling funnel G1/4"

It would also be helpful to see your current setup to make sure there is enough space, for example.

adrian

Thank you

I believe I have a reference design for my AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT Midnight Black. It is supposed to be identical to the AMD released RX6800 XT (non-Midnight). Is there a way for me to check the board design to be sure ?

The resulting loop above is kind of expensive for me, but I see the Eiswolf 2 is advertised as "expandable" and the radiator is detachable. Is there a way to buy a 280mm radiator plus the Eiswolf 2, and swap the radiators ? I am thinking about the NexXxos ST30 Full Copper 280mm prefilled AIO Edition radiator.

About the VPP reservoir and pump, it is not clear to me how to mount it to the case. The 750D Airflow has screwholes for 2x 120mm fans on the bottom, can the pump be mounted onto that ? Do I need a bracket ?

Can you tell me if the Eiswolf 2 block comes with enough termal pads for memory and VRMs ? Maybe some extra for the inductors (chokes) as well, if any ?

adrian

My build is not ready, as I run into issues trying to setup 420mm push-pull in a case not designed for it, but here is an image of the 750D case on my table. I believe there should be room for a water loop, if the pump + reservoir fits under the video card. I might also have to move the HDD out of the bottom of the case

Attachments

• IMG_20210904_220951.jpg
    IMG_20210904_220951.jpg
    641.3 KB · Views: 9

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
We have the designs. If we have pictures (front & back) of your PCB we can check them for compatibility.

The Eiswolf 2 is expandable. You can easily replace the 360 radiator with the pre-filled NexXxos ST30 Full Copper 280mm AIO Edition radiator thanks to the quick release couplings.

Included with the pump/reservoir combo are various brackets for mounting in the case.

Included with the Eiswolf 2 are the corresponding pads (already cut & numbered).

In principle, the space available in your case looks good. I think even a DIY loop (with pump/reservoir) should be possible.

adrian

Hello

I would like to build a combined AIO loop with EisBaer Aurora 420 CPU and EisWolf 2 Radeon.

But then how do I control the pump and the fans ? Because the motherboard would only react to the CPU temperature, and not the GPU temperature. Is there a supported temperature sensor for the combined AIO loop ?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Depends on you. To be honest, with an Eisbaer 420 and a Eiswolf 2 i would not regulate anything. Push everything to full load, check the temps, and play around with the rpms of your fans to find the best way between noise and cooling.
If you want to controll everything over temperatures of the gpu and cpu, you need different sensors and a good but expensive controller. The most also regulate the fans only over the CPU temps.

pdifolco

Hello

I would like to build a combined AIO loop with EisBaer Aurora 420 CPU and EisWolf 2 Radeon.

But then how do I control the pump and the fans ? Because the motherboard would only react to the CPU temperature, and not the GPU temperature. Is there a supported temperature sensor for the combined AIO loop ?

Kinda necro, but I have a solution : I use FanControl freeware, it allows you to set any kind of curve or even temp functions (min/max, combo...) on ANY temp sensors for ANY fan (you can set your mobo fan to a NVMe temp for example, or your GPU fan to the mobo VRM temp but that 's stupid!!)