huge foam build up on Hurricane 45 3x140 kit: help!

MarvinFS

Hi, people could you please provide me with technical consultation
It's my first time working with refillable water cooling and with AlphaCool in general.
So i'm installing Alphacool Eissturm Hurricane Copper 45 3x140mm kit everything is fine only that with this green liquid it builds up the foam like crazy,
is that I did something wrong or what is going on? can you please advise?
pcloud shared folder link below with cold start video and how does it look after about 10 mins of flow.
also the photo of the bottle with liquid just in case

Please help me to clarify that...

Sincerely,
Vladimir

MarvinFS

got it.. with test run adapter pump just works full speed all the time hence the foam...

now the second question what software is used to control all that? I have Asus Crosshair VIII HERO WIFI MB - doesn't seem to properly understand what's connected in terms water cooling... I connected the pump W_PUMP connector and CPU module to w_flow connector, but there are no extra t_sensors in Hurricane to measure water_in out temps...

davido_labido

Hi @MarvinFS

Sorry for the late reply, Iwas sure I already replied to this but then noticed that I hadn't! My fault entirely.
On the bottom of the pump there is a small dial that can be turned to ensure that the speed isn't crazy when it is not plugged in via the PWM cable. This would be the first step to reduce the foam. Setting it to around number 3 would be ideal.

1603795894674.png

You don't need additional temp sensors. You simply plug the pwm cable (the one that is like a fan header) onto a pwm header on the mother board. You can then set the 'fan curve' in bios which will instruct the pump to run at different RPMs based on the tempreture of the CPU.

Please note, that if you have the manual dial on the bottom of the pump set to 3, then it won't go higher than that via PWM. if you want to control it exclusively by PWM, put this on 5.

I hope this is explained sufficiently

Redulon

Hello.
I didn't read about rinsing the system with destilled water.
There can be rests of chemicals in the radiator from the manifacturing process that can cause this foam and color of the water. Don't use normal water in the system.
And excuse my bad English.