Intel Gamer Days Build

Cre8 Modding

Hey all, hope you are safe and well. Intel has asked if I can put together a dual system build to celebrate Intel Gamer Days and guys, this thing is going to be absolutely enormous!

If you haven’t seen or heard about Intel Gamers Days, it’s a 10-day virtual festival packed with incredible deals, exciting streams, and exclusive giveaways for gamers around the globe. If you don’t already follow Intel on social media then now is the time to start because later this year they will be bringing a load of content including influencer workshops, exclusive gameplay previews, game developer panels, and much more.

So to celebrate Intel Gamers Days as I said, Intel has asked me to build something a little bit over the top, they want me to put together a dual system to include a main gaming system, and a streaming PC all under one roof.

Any dual system build is challenging and typically incorporates both an ATX and ITX motherboard but we are going all out for this, both systems are going to be ATX using ASUS motherboards. Of course, given this is an Intel based build they will be Z590 and subject to any last minute changes, the front will be using the ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Glacial while the rear will be getting the ROG Maximus XIII Hero.

The Glacial will be running an 11900K while the Hero gets an 11700K, both boards will run Seagate FireCuda NVME drives. I think I’ve gone for 6TB total for the front system and 4TB for the rear so storage won’t be an issue for steam libraries any time soon. Ram will be all Corsair with 64 and 32GB kits respectively. Graphics are to be covered, subject to confirmation, by two ASUS RTX 3080 cards, I’m not going to dwell on GPUs because I know everyone’s trying to get hold of stuff. Power supplies are SFX the Seasonic 1000W units, great little solutions for high-end builds in tight spaces.

The cooling is going to be predominantly Alphacool with Corsair GPU blocks, dual res per system, and two 480mm radiators per system. Il be using Corsair LL120mm fans with Commander Pros to tie all the fans and lighting together, it’s not the easiest system to use and personally, not one I have used before so that will be a bit of a learning curve to suss out.

With all that in mind you might be thinking what case, out of the box supports all that and well, there aren’t any, or at least not that I know of and so I needed to come up with a solution.

Enter the Raijintek Enyo, or for this, two of them. The Enyo, if you are not familiar with it is a huge open frame chassis designed to mount a system to the front and additional water cooling and power supplies to the rear. The modular design of this case is what caught my eye though, it seemed quite feasible that I would be able to create a flipped mirror image of the front of the case and install that mirror image to the rear. So the cases were ordered in and arrived this week, I then spent the day planning out the design and making sure everything would fit. Once I was confident it would, then it was time to drill some of the panels and build the case into the final; design.

I’ve had to modify a couple of bits to get it all to fit but overall it's worked out great, the bottom shrouds are typically used for radiator mounting and fans but these are going to be clad in backlit acrylic and will house the PSU and lighting control. The front and top of each side will accommodate the cooling and since it’s built for up to EATX boards, I can then easily fit both systems. The glass on this is getting some small detailing for Intel, something that’s not going to draw you away from the system itself.

One interesting point about the Enyo is it comes with predrilled bulkhead holes. In planning the idea was to pass through the coolant from the pumps on one side to feed the opposite loop and vice versa to get a contrasting coolant for each side. Now it’s here, once everything is built the system is going to be so heavy and complex that for taking this to Intel, that might not be the best option so I still need to figure out how to make that happen. It may well be that I keep the loops separate and just use a contrasting coolant. This way the system can be split relatively easily for maintenance and changing out components if ever needed.

So now that the case is built, it needs stripping back down ready for painting. The front side is to be painted blue, with the back being yellow, matching up to Intel's colors. While this is being painted the rest of the hardware should be arriving so I can get them built up for testing before fitting them to the case. I think with the colors and the backlit panels, case fans, and lighting this should be a nice bright system, not too over the top with the lighting effects

So that’s the plan, in theory from here it should be a fairly straightforward build, cable management needs to be spot on because of the open nature of the case but if everything goes to plan, this should be a pretty cool-looking system when it’s all finished. Il be dropping a couple more videos as I go through the build process so I hope you will drop by to watch them.

Until Part 2, stay safe all!

Cre8 Modding

Well, it's time to crack on and I have a video update coming soon. Until then, here's the state of play, the case has been painted, more hardware has arrived and I have been busy cracking on getting stuff together.

The case was powder coated by a local company and they have done a fantastic job, matching the Intel colors as required. I really wish I could have done this myself but for the end result, it's well worth outsourcing as the finish is excellent, to say the least.

[IMG]

For hardware we have the ASUS Glacial and Hero, both are sublime pieces of kit. In terms of the CPUs, the 11900K and 11700K are both installed. Now, the Glacial is a beast to fit the block to, but was relatively trouble-free given the excellent walkthroughs from ASUS/EK. I originally requested all Seagate Fiurecuda 520s, but, given they are all out of stock as to be expected, we have a total of 10Tb of Gen 4 storage from WD, 6Tb front on the Glacial and 4Tb on the Hero. This is all accompanied by Corsair RAM all around, 64Gb Dominator for the Glacial and 32Gb Vengeance for the Hero.

[IMG]

Both boards look amazing, the Glacial took some time to put together with the built-in EK block but overall, they are exactly what I hope for in this build.

[IMG]

So it's time to wait for more hardware to arrive, the motherboards are in, but that's saved for the next video!

Last edited:

Cre8 Modding

Good morning guys, hope you are all safe and well. The Intel Gamer Days build is starting to take shape, I’m fast approaching the deadline for this build so it’s time to take a look at what I’ve been up to and what’s still to get done

The Raijintek Enyo has now been painted and well, it’s turned out great. The color combination on this matches Intel’s branding and given the layout of this dual system, it’s a great contrast that I think just fits really well. The colors are nice and bright and as you will see later on, I have actually swapped over the bottom shrouds to make it stand out just a little bit more.

With the case now ready and built back up, it’s time to start on the hardware, including CPUs, motherboards, memory, and storage. Obviously, not one, but two for this system, if you missed part one of this build do check it out, this will house the main gaming system plus a dedicated streaming rig to the rear. Now, ASUS are my go to hardware manufacturer and when Intel asked me to put this system together it really was a no-brainer for the parts I wanted to use.

Let’s start small then, not that we are scrimping here, the rear, the smaller, streaming system will be based around the ASUS Z590 Hero and an Intel 11700K, usually this would make a great base for any gaming system but Intel really wanted to go one step further and cram as much hardware under one roof as they can. The 11700K is a great choice for any gaming rig but having this as a dedicated streaming rig takes the pressure off the main rig, and then, for those fun nights it can also double up for anyone looking to run dual gaming systems.

On storage, the original plan was to use all Seagate Firecuda 520s but for whatever reason, probably availability, I’m going with Western Digital drives. The Hero is complimented by 2 WD Black 2Tb NVME Gen 4 drives giving ample storage space for a comprehensive steam library or for storing those special gaming moments ready for social media. The Hero is a fantastic board with further room for expansion, the latest Wi-Fi, beefy VRM, and a simply glorious aesthetic. To round out the core of this lower-end system, I have gone for a 32 Gb kit of Corsairs Vengeance RAM, this is at 4400mhz in a 4x8 configuration.

Right then, to the big boy, the one I know people wanted to see, well it’s special, really special. This is the ASUS Z590 Glacial, an absolute beast of a board with a price tag to match. This one isn’t for the faint-hearted and a board that probably deserves a video all of its own. The Glacial will house Intels flagship i9, the 11900K, its feature-packed board with 5 m.2 slots, high-performance networking, 18+2 power delivery and a whole lot more

In-person, this motherboard is even heavier than I imagined. EK has done a great job with the full custom water block while the NVME drives are passively cooled via the ASUS aluminum spreader but for the most important components then EK block literally has you covered.

Now, I’ve not worked with EK and as you will see, this will be a full dual custom Alphacool based loop, but this is certainly something to behold. I was a little nervous over fitting this gigantic block but overall the experience has been a pleasant one with great instructions included from both EK and ASUS on how to get this little chunk built up. In total, I think it took no more than 40 minutes or so to figure out how it all went together, get the CPU installed and the block fitted.

Once again this board will be using all WD Black storage, with a little more capacity for the front system, 6Tb in total compromising 3x 2tb NVME Gen 4s. I stuck with Corsair again for the memory, this time 64gb of Dominator Platinum 3600, 4x16 kit

With the main components, all sorted it’s time to get them into the case. I’ve split the Enyo back down to make it easier to install everything and get the cable management done so first it was time to fit the hero, I decided to sue the yellow side of the case for the lower end system with the blue dedicated to the Glacial and the main system.

With the boards installed it was time to move onto fans and radiators. Each system gets two Alphacool 480mm radiators and 8 Corsair LL120 fans so 4 radiators and 16 fans in total. The Alphacool radiators are the 30mm versions; I could have easily used the 45mm thickness but I am conscious about the weight bearing capacity of the Enyo. It’s a great case but there is a little bit of flex to it, particularly at the top and front and I don’t want it to start sagging by putting too much load onto it. I could start mocking up support brackets but I think that would take too much away from the Enyo and spoil the overall design of this case. On the fans, I went with the Corsairs to try and keep everything tied together. It’s the first time I’ll be using the iCue eco system and there is a lot of talk over forums about what is needed to hook everything up. It would be nice if Corsair had a configurator, as they do for water cooling loops to ensure that everything goes together seamlessly.

As we are going for iCue, I need to install Commander Pros, two for each system and each dedicated to a single portion either the top or the front. Corsair does include some 3M pads to mount the Commander Pros but I wanted to give this something a little more robust so I designed and printed some dedicated mounts that house both units. It’s a simple attachment and makes it so much easier to mount them, knowing that the tape won't fail and them drop out the bottom of the case.

Sticking with 3D Printing, the offset for mounting reservoirs in the Enyo is not a standard lineup for Alphacool's new Eisbecher Auroras. These are the new glass versions and again, each system will be getting two to run the cooling loop so I had to come up with a custom mounting option. Cue the Prusa once again, these brackets allow perfect mounting and also include a little stand-off so that the cable grommets are not pinched when these are mounted.

The bulkhead fittings are also now installed, I spoke about this in the first video about potentially running the coolant from the reservoirs on one side to cool the opposite system and vice versa. If I did this then there’s going to be such a mixture of color that I think it’s going to be too much, especially with the bottom shrouds swapped over to add the contrast. I want to keep this system clean and not mix it up too much with the colors so I have decided to use the bulkheads to layout each loop individually.

As you can see I have done a little more, all the internal wiring for the fans and pumps is done and the new mounting locations for the power supp0lies are in. This build is using Silverstone 1000W SFX power supplies to keep the bulk don’t without compromising on terms of power, these are platinum rated units and sit perfectly in their new location below the bottom shrouds.

For now then that brings you up to speed with this build, there is still plenty to do including getting the GPUs blocked up and installed, the hardlines ran and fitting new frosted panels to the bottom shrouds that will hopefully be backlit with a nice soft glow. From there it will be time to fill it up and get it all running. To cover that I will post up a final part to this build log so that you can see the system completed before it is handed over to Intel. For now, though, stay safe, see you soon.

Cre8 Modding

Well, it's done!

The build is now finished and ready to be taken to Intel. I have a final video coming, but that will be after it's been delivered.

Until Intel takes receipt of the build, it will be kept as its separate entities, overall I love how this has turned out. There are a couple of things I would change and the blue coolant in the rear system will also be getting changed out for a solid, EK Azure.

Final spec:

Front
Intel 11900K
ASUS Z590 Glacial
3x 2TB WD Black NVME Gen 4 M.2
ASUS TUF RTX 3090
64GB Corsair Dominator
Full Custom Alphacool Loop - 2x Eisbecher Aurora, 2x VPP655, 2x ST30 480mm, 1x GPU block
8x Corsair LL120s
2x Corsair Commander Pro
2x Corsair RGB Hub
4x Alphacool Aurora Rigid Digital RGB Strips 40cm
Custom laser cut front and top frosted acrylic panels
Custom Paint - Intel Yellow
Custom Commander Pro 3D printed mounts
Custom 3D printed reservoir mounts
Glass Etching to the front glass

Rear
Intel 11700K
ASUS Z590 Hero
2x 2TB WD Black NVME Gen 4 M.2
ASUS TUF RTX 3080
64GB Corsair Dominator
Full Custom Alphacool Loop - 2x Eisbecher Aurora, 2x VPP655 2x ST30 480mm, 1x GPU Block
8x Corsair LL120s
2x Corsair Commander Pro
2x Corsair RGB Hub
4x Alphacool Aurora Rigid Digital RGB Strips 40cm
Custom laser cut front and top frosted acrylic panels
Custom Paint - Intel Blue
Custom Commander Pro 3D printed mounts
Custom 3D printed reservoir mounts
Glass Etching to the front glass

This has been a really fun, but exhausting build. Hope people like it, Intel may be sending this for final pictures at a studio, if they do I will drop them below. A big thank you to them for letting me build this for their Gamer Days event, keep an eye out for this system, I think it might soon be all over their social!

[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]

Cre8 Modding

This is a double sidded case? Which one is it?
It is 2 Raijintek Enyos that I have modded to fit back to back, removing the rear trays so that only the front parts are used. Few mods to make it all fit, especially for the top and front panels, and voila!

Cre8 Modding

[IMG]
GIVEAWAY
[IMG]

To commemorate this year’s Gamer Days, Intel asked me to build a fully customized gaming PC from the ground up! Now you have a chance to win it!

Yes, the dual system custom Enyo, featuring the ASUS Republic of Gamers ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Glacial Z590 and Intel i9 119000K, an ASUS RTX 3090, 64Gb CORSAIR Dominator RAM, 6Tb of WD Black NVME Storage, and a full custom Alphacool English loop.

But wait there's more! I said dual system right
[IMG]

This build also includes an ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Hero, Intel 11700K, 32GB Corsair RAM, an ASUS RTX 3080, 4TB WD Black storage, and again a full custom Alphacool loop.

The best part is that every entry supports Technovation, an incredible organization empowering girls to become leaders through tech education.

To enter to win, donate $10 or more by visiting prizeo.com/mod83 You’ll be entered to win 1 of 5 custom PCs built by modders all over the world. (You could win mine!)

If you want to give more, you’ll earn more entries to win. Use promo code MOD83 and get 200 BONUS ENTRIES when you make a donation.

Good luck!

Cre8 Modding

Some final images of the completed system that do it justice! Dont forget that Intel are giving this system away at Prizeo, supporting Technovation. Get 200 free entries, details above.

1-Intel.jpg

2-Intel.jpg

3-Intel.jpg

4-Intel.jpg

5-Intel.jpg

6-Intel.jpg

7-Intel.jpg

Credit to andrepattenden.com for the images, he did a great job on this!

Last edited: