Junction Temp to high

Storm

Hallo

Just got my Alphacool Eiswolf 2 AIO - 360mm RTX 3080/3090 ROG Strix.

I got low temps on vram, cpu on the gpu about 43-57 c when is loaded.

But junction temp is 110 c.

Any that have any idea?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Take the cooler down and take a picture of the imprints of the thermal pads and the GPU. I'm afraid the cooler isn't sitting properly due to the Nvidia package issue. Please send the picture to our support: info@alphacool.com

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi Tejmyc,

as my colleague already wrote, we would need a photo of the imprints from the thermal pads and paste. Unfortunately Nvidia has problems with the package heights, which can cause that some components don´t have contact with the water block.

Tejmyc

Good. I still have a question, why don't you have some SW to control the fans? Or please advise me how to set the speed control according to the temperature of the gpu? Thank you

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
You can controll the fans with the software from the motherboard. Depending on the motherboard you can choose different indicators like water temperature, CPU temperature or GPu temperature. If this is not possible with your motherboard, you would need a external fan controller like the Aquaero from Aquacomputer and their software Aquasuite. We don´t offer such a controller or Software at the moment.

Tejmyc

Hmm, that's a shame. A friend once had a gpu cooler from NZXT that could do it, it's a shame. But thanks for the reply