LED deterioration on CPU and GPU blocks

shadowdragonal

I have been using the Alphacool Eisblock Aurora GPX-A Radeon RX 6800/6800XT/6900XT and the Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge CPU - Acryl Chrome Digital RGB for just under a year now and both have had their LED deteriorate pretty rapidly over the last few months. I built a fully white build and all LEDs in the system were bright white and all the same tone of white initially. Now the Alphacool components (CPU and GPU blocks) have turned to a yellowy/slightly green color and ruined the look of the build as a result because the other components have retained their brilliant white. The reservoir and fan LEDs have remained a brilliant white with no discoloration.
I've attached a link to show the difference between the alphacool LEDs and the rest of the system.

I also have a photo of them both set at the same color, the Alphacool have turned a purple color while the rest are still a blue tone.

There is clearly a deterioration of the LEDs.

Is it possible for me to replace the LEDs or do I need to send back both blocks?

Attachments

• Alphacool-LEDs (1).jpg
    Alphacool-LEDs (1).jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 2

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

please write a mail to info@alphacool.com. Link this thread and attach a invoice copy to the mail. If you have ordered directly from us a order number is enough. Our colleagues from the RMA will contact you then with the necessary steps.