Looking for advice

Eismember

Hi everybody !

I could use some advices, i'm fairly new to watercooling, been using disposable AIO for a few years and now ive purchased the eisbear extreme kit.

I'm also waiting for my eisbear aurora solo to arrive to replace the XPX block
I would like to expand the loop to cool my 3080 with the eiswolf 2 once it comes out for it

Currently have the 280 radiator from the eisbear extreme, my case can fit 2 more radiators : 2x 360mm ( 1x 25mm thick and 1x 30mm thick )

My questions are do I have enough flow/reservoir/radiators/pressure with this combination of items (including the extra 2x 360mm rads), my system draws 650 watts peak and I would like to have something quiet.

Thank you very much :)

Attachments

• 121967355_1308006309566001_1253864074151067628_n.jpg
    121967355_1308006309566001_1253864074151067628_n.jpg
    948.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @Eismember

You want to keep the eisbaer extreme radiator and also install 2 360 radiators, plus an eisbaer Aurora and an eiswolf, that's right. Yes, of the cooling capacity you can say that a 120 radiator creates around 100 watts of power. Then you would be with the 3 at around 800 watts +/-. That also depends on your fans.
I would then set the pump of the eisbaer extreme to level 1 or 2, since the eisbaer and eiswolf each also have a DC / LT pump installed.

I hope I understood and answered your questions correctly. If you still have questions, just contact us. My English is not perfect.

Best regards

Eismember

Hi @Eismember

You want to keep the eisbaer extreme radiator and also install 2 360 radiators, plus an eisbaer Aurora and an eiswolf, that's right. Yes, of the cooling capacity you can say that a 120 radiator creates around 100 watts of power. Then you would be with the 3 at around 800 watts +/-. That also depends on your fans.
I would then set the pump of the eisbaer extreme to level 1 or 2, since the eisbaer and eiswolf each also have a DC / LT pump installed.

I hope I understood and answered your questions correctly. If you still have questions, just contact us. My English is not perfect.

Best regards

Yes that answers it very well, thank you very much , do you think I can get away with mounting the vertical 360mm radiator tubes up ? as I gathered around its not ideal but in my situation it still wouldnt be the highest point in the loop and would very much simplify the installation.

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
I am not sure now if I understand correctly. 1. Do you think you can do without installing the vertical radiator? Theoretically yes, the 280 and a 360 would be enough to cool the CPU and GPU, you might have to let the fans spin higher or accept slightly higher temperatures.
2. Or from the connections of the radiator, whether they should be above or below? That doesn't really make any difference, at most in terms of the installation.
Your highest point in the system would be the upper radiator and it has a built-in expansion tank.

Eismember

I am not sure now if I understand correctly. 1. Do you think you can do without installing the vertical radiator? Theoretically yes, the 280 and a 360 would be enough to cool the CPU and GPU, you might have to let the fans spin higher or accept slightly higher temperatures.
2. Or from the connections of the radiator, whether they should be above or below? That doesn't really make any difference, at most in terms of the installation.
Your highest point in the system would be the upper radiator and it has a built-in expansion tank.

yes #2, so I can mount the vertical radiator with the tubes coming out from the top without problems ?