Low flow rate issue

Homietheclown

Hey guys from Alphacool.

So I just finished putting together my first water cooled PC. I really didn’t like it but I wanted to challenge myself. I didn’t try to make it all nice and neat like other builds. I just tried to do the best I can, and not worry if it doesn’t look perfect. Anyway I ran it this morning for the first time and realized my flow rate was not that great. I understand the viscosity of the different fluids you use can make a difference.

Anyway, using a thermatake tf2 (which I later learned was probably not a good idea to use) showed me a flow rate around 50 to 70. I tried to adjust some fan speeds in the Bios menu and it went up to 120. After looking at some other videos online, I realize that this is still pretty low flow rate. Looking at my distro plate. I think I know why it has a low flow rate, but I was hoping someone here could tell me by looking at it. The pump is an EK PMW9 D5 if that matters.

Ty for your help! I haven’t had a new computer and 14 years so I’m super excited about get this up and running.

Attachments

• B547B916-8C81-4E9C-8FED-2D29CB745506.jpeg
    B547B916-8C81-4E9C-8FED-2D29CB745506.jpeg
    456.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi,

as I can see you have used a pastel liquid. Pastel liquids are modding liquids, which shouldn´t run in a loop for more than a few days. Pastel liquids will clog and damage components over time. When your flow is very low, I would say, that the Pastel liquid has clogged the fine fins in the CPU or GPU cooler. It can also be, taht the coloured pigments have clued the impeller from the pump. Because of the problems a colored liquid, especially pastel liquids, can cause, we are recommending clear and transparents liquids.