Makes it sense to do an Eisbaer+Eiswolf2 Custom loop (and then how) ?

pdifolco

I currently have a 280mm Eisbaer (standard version) for my 3900X, on the verge on getting an Eiswolf2 for my RTX3080 Gigabyte Eagle (now that it's released) to have a nice cool silent system

Does it have real advantages to put them on a custom loop so both GPU and CPU will share 280+360 mm rads ?

And then how to do it ? I've never touched custom loops and I'm pretty bad at anything manual (just able to build a rig lol)...

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
If you distribute the heat to both radiators, this is generally better for the "average" cooling capacity. Connecting them together is quite simple. Both have quick-release fasteners. Open them.... then 1-2 drops of water will come out (you can ignore this) and then reconnect the two matching quick-release fasteners. You can't do anything wrong. Just be careful not to jam anything when screwing the quick-release fasteners together. But you can see that immediately.
That's all you have to do.

pdifolco

Thank you !
Seems simple indeed, can you confirm I should do as below ? (rectangles are rads, triangles are pumps), and that I don't any anything else (accessories, bottles, fittings, whatever) ?

And it's no issue if the 2 pumps have different speeds or should they be synced ?

CLoop.PNG

Last edited:

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Pumps should be always run with 12V so max speed. And yes, you dont need anything else. Seems like it sounds too simple for you :unsure:
? ?

pdifolco

Pumps should be always run with 12V so max speed. And yes, you dont need anything else. Seems like it sounds too simple for you :unsure:
? ?

All clear now, ordering my Eiswolf2, thanks !
I use software control for my pump to put it at 90% but can raise to 100% as well

Still one question : I'll put the Eiswolf2 360mm rad front (intake) and the Eisbaer 280mm top (exhaust), I suppose that in order to have enough tube length I'd have to put the 360mm rad fittings up ?

Last edited:

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
If you have one loop and one radiator in the top, it doesn`t matter how you mount the other radiator. Because the air can go to the top radiator and will not stick in a pump. Thats ok.

pdifolco

If you have one loop and one radiator in the top, it doesn`t matter how you mount the other radiator. Because the air can go to the top radiator and will not stick in a pump. Thats ok.
Ok got it
Maybe my question wasn't clear, it was about tube length, I wonder if the tube connecting the 2 rads is long enough to get from the bottom of the front rad to to the top rad on my P600S

But I'll be able to see this for myself soon, I've ordered my Eiswolf2 ! :)

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
About the tube length... i cant really tell you if they will be long enough. Depends really on the case. But the tubes are 40cm long, so in the most cases it will fit. Only if you have a real big case it could be a bit too short. And in a smaler case, they could be a bit too long. There is no perfect tube length for every case :-/

pdifolco

Ok, seems they'll fit any way I install it

If ever I want later to change the non-fancy tubes of the Eisbaer and Eiswolf for shiney transparent tubes or whatever, is that possible as well ?

pewpew2282

hello
i have the same setup of aios, eisbaer pro 240 + eiswolf2 360 for 5900x + strix oc3080, if i want to add a 3rd rad and make them 1 custom loop, do you recomand an extra pump with reservoier? if yes, witch one?

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
hello
i have the same setup of aios, eisbaer pro 240 + eiswolf2 360 for 5900x + strix oc3080, if i want to add a 3rd rad and make them 1 custom loop, do you recomand an extra pump with reservoier? if yes, witch one?

Yes, absolutely! That is a good solution:

Thomas_S

Staff member
thank you
can i also replace tubes? if yes can you point me fiting and all i need. thank you

if you want to use the same type of tube:

You can find the fittings for it here:

pdifolco

Hi again
I've just made my Eisbaer280+Eiswolf2 360 loop, works like a charm, but tubes are pretty long and it doesn't look very good inside the case...
I'm not yet ready to do hard tubing, so I suppose I could rather buy replacement soft tubes and cut them at the correct length, but then I suppose I need to empty all the circuit and then refill it, but this looks very hard to do safely with no reservoir, do I need one as well ?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
It is easier with a reservoir. You can do it over the fillport on the Eisbaer, but that is not the easiest way. You will need time and you have to do it outside your case.

pewpew2282

Yes, absolutely! That is a good solution:

https://www.alphacool.com/shop/pump...ervoir-incl.-1x-alphacool-eispumpe-vpp755-v.3
this works to? if i add this, the ones from gpu and cpu blocks should still be powered, right?
this one is much faster, wont be a problem for other 2?
i would like to swap tubes with transparent ones

pdifolco

https://www.alphacool.com/shop/pump...ervoir-incl.-1x-alphacool-eispumpe-vpp755-v.3
this works to? if i add this, the ones from gpu and cpu blocks should still be powered, right?

I've kinda same question, now I have my Eisbaer+Eiswolf2 loop, how can I upgrade it ?

I've read for example that the pumps are only 3W and a bit weak for a loop, can I add another (the one above or another ?) easily using the fasteners ? Or do I need do to all the unmount/unfill/refill/remount work (which is a pain) ?

Really Alphacool you could make some shorts tutorials about how to extend your "AIO loops" for people that just don't want to make a full custom loop (or tell me if that exists, didn't find it..)

Thomas_S

Staff member
The reservoir with pump works just as well. If the other two pumps continue to operate, there are no problems with adding a more powerful pump. If you want to change the tubes to transparent, however, you must bear in mind that you will then also have to change all the fittings & connections, as there are no 12.7/7.6 tubes in transparent at Alphacool! ;-)

Thomas_S

Staff member
I've kinda same question, now I have my Eisbaer+Eiswolf2 loop, how can I upgrade it ?

I've read for example that the pumps are only 3W and a bit weak for a loop, can I add another (the one above or another ?) easily using the fasteners ? Or do I need do to all the unmount/unfill/refill/remount work (which is a pain) ?

Really Alphacool you could make some shorts tutorials about how to extend your "AIO loops" for people that just don't want to make a full custom loop (or tell me if that exists, didn't find it..)
This is relatively simple. Of course, you can easily integrate an AGB/pump combination with another extension set into the two AIOs via the quick couplings! Fill up the missing coolant - and the system should run! Possible how-to videos for this process are being planned, but will take time to become acceptable.