New AMD processors to replace 3rd gen i7

Thefunkaygibbon

I currently have a still pretty decent 3rd gen i7 processor, but it is starting to become minimum spec for games.
I am looking at the new amds, but trying to find the best "band for buck" processor. Any recommendations?

Lolakiaz

Yeah you might give a go for 9600k or 3600 as they're both at the same price tag. I've seen a few videos on youtube as well and both CPU's combined with a 1080 perform exactly the same more less. Personally i would go with the 3600 as (whenever they're going to release a newer CPU you can just upgrade without changing your MOBO.

Thefunkaygibbon

470 will need a BIOS upgrade to support the 3600 would it not? Have done one in a while, but would I be able to get that far with a CPU that is not natively supported by the mobo?

Lolakiaz

Many people that had (example Tomahawk B450) didn't have to update the bios to support ryzen 3000 but the most Mobos need the update which is nothing difficult to be fair.

Thefunkaygibbon

Awesome. I've never done a BIOS update for an unsupported CPU. I don't know why I have it in my head that it would be difficult with a CPU which is not natively supported.
I've seen some good looking kit, so thanks y'all for your advice.