New Eisblocks for AMD Radeon RX 7900XT(X) GPUs

The new AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) GPU is here! And Alphacool offers its new Eisblock Aurora cooler, a new, innovative active water cooler for custom layouts of AMD Radeon graphics cards. With significant improvements over the previous Aurora generation, Alphacool now takes it a big step further.

What's new. Going forward, Alphacool is now using chrome plating on the copper radiators for all graphics card coolers instead of nickel plating. This is significantly harder and more resistant than nickel plating. The addressable RGB LED lighting also shines better because the chrome plating is much smoother and distributes the light even more beautifully in the cooler.

To dissipate the enormous amount of waste heat, the water flow has been completely redesigned. The jetplate is embedded in the cooling fins and is pressed onto them by a completely redesigned inlet with an O-ring. This ensures that the water is reliably forced through the cooling fins. Optimization of the cooling fins leads to a further increase in performance. The cooling fins were reduced to 0.4mm and the distance between the fins was minimized to 0.4mm. This creates a larger cooling surface and reduces the flow resistance of the cooler. This results in a performance plus.

With board partners from AMD, the base of the previous Eisblock cooler has been almost completely redesigned. These major changes are clearly visible in the overall look of the cooler. Alphacool's new Aurora water cooler has been extensively tested on the new RX 7900 XT(X) graphics card generation and has gone through a long development phase to provide the best possible performance.

The Eisblock Aurora water cooler for ASRock AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX/XT Taichi/Phantom, Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX/XT Nitro and Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX/XT Toxic are available for pre-order now from the Alphacool Online Shop.

Features Eisblock Aurora
- Chrome-plated copper radiator base
- Optimized fin structure with larger cooling area
- Modified jetplate ensures optimal distribution of water in the cooler
- Brilliant aRGB LED illumination

Compatibility Eisblock Aurora Acryl RX 7900XTX/XT Nitro
- Sapphire AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 XT Nitro+
- Sapphire AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX Nitro+

Compatibility Eisblock Aurora Acryl RX 7900XTX/XT Toxic
- Sapphire AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 XT Toxic
- Sapphire AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX ToxicEdition

Compatibility Eisblock Aurora Acryl RX 7900XTX/XT Taichi/Phantom
- ASRock AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 XT Taichi
- ASRock AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX Taichi
- ASRock AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 XT Phantom
- ASRock AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX Phantom

1023356_Eisblock Aurora Acryl RX7900XTXXT_Facebook_EN.jpg

aigarius

And now that the first wave of cards is already sold out ... what about "24GB XFX Radeon RX 7900 XTX MERC310 Black Edition DDR6 (Retail)"? Do you have one for those in pipeline as well or should one try to contact you via the "send it in" form? I am guessing a lot of people will have similar questions about other variants as well, soonish :D

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
We have no PCB layout here for the Merc, so you are welcome to use "send it in....." :)

aigarius

Looks to be reference with extended power section for the third plug, going by https://www.techpowerup.com/review/xfx-radeon-rx-7900-xtx-merc-310-oc/4.html vs https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-radeon-rx-7900-xtx/4.html - so as long as using the last screw holes on the right is not mandatory and the user is willing to live with a bit of PCB sticking outside of the cooler body, it should be compatible with the reference cooler. Edit: you are right, the XFX card will need a different model number, it will need edge mounting poles/screws/holes in slightly different places (compared to Nitro, Taichi or Toxic), should be an easy variant with your new flexible design.

Last edited:

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Based on the pictures, many assumptions arise... ;-) Unfortunately, we can't release a block because of assumptions & really have to wait until we have the layout.

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
@Come2daddy The water block should be ready for pre-orders this month. Earliest delivery March/April. If you want to get an notification you can also subscribe to our Newsletter.

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
No, the offer is only valid for requests within Europe. Sorry
However, the cooler for XFX Merc XTX is in progress & will be available for pre-order in the coming weeks.

Robbitobbi

Hi Thomas! I am waiting for the XTX Nitro + block. A question arose looking at the manual. I found it a bit strange that apparently the DrMOS are not cooled? On the pictures in the manual I only see positioning of pads for the 17 phases? I suppose it is not final version or understood something wrong. And why is the block for the Toxic already available since this cards is not even presented by the manufacturer?

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hey,

every part, which has to be cooled, is covered with our water block. You can already check the manual on our product website. Why we have released the Toxic water block, even when the GPU is not realeased, I can´t say, This is something for the marketing. Maybe @Thomas_S or @Eddy can tell you more.

Robbitobbi

I saw the manual already but is I said there is clearly no not indicated that the drmos have thermal pads. And if dont think that anyone think that they dont have to be cooled...

gupsterg

I saw the manual already but is I said there is clearly no not indicated that the drmos have thermal pads. And if dont think that anyone think that they dont have to be cooled...
VRM mosfet, ie commonly called "DrMos" has thermal pads included with block and contact with waterblock.

Are you referring to inductors (chokes)? If so waterblock doesn't include those. MBA card has no pads for chokes, I know Nitro stock cooler does, as well as several other AIB cards. I think 0.5 to 1.0 pad perhaps work. Perhaps contact Alphacool customer support via email.

Last edited:

Robbitobbi

VRM mosfet, ie commonly called "DrMos" has thermal pads included with block and contact with waterblock.

Are you referring to inductors (chokes)? If so waterblock doesn't include those. MBA card has no pads for chokes, I know Nitro stock cooler does, as well as several other AIB cards. I think 0.5 to 1.0 pad perhaps work. Perhaps contact Alphacool customer support via email.
Thanks for your adivse. After reading I was wondering and went again on the web of TechPowerUP:

There I saw that there are thermal pads actually on a kind of a metall blade but not on the active cooled part.

Despotes

No, the offer is only valid for requests within Europe. Sorry
However, the cooler for XFX Merc XTX is in progress & will be available for pre-order in the coming weeks.
XFX MERC310 Black edition 7900XTX available in the US? If so, which resellers?

gupsterg

Thanks for your adivse. After reading I was wondering and went again on the web of TechPowerUP:

There I saw that there are thermal pads actually on a kind of a metall blade but not on the active cooled part.

Below image, the red line near the lower down pads, are for inductors (chokes). Alphacool block has no pads for that area.

The raised line of thin pad, is for mosfet (DrMos). Alphacool block includes pads for that.

cooler2.jpg