New pump head

Nozzle

For various reasons, I've bought a replacement combo pump/reservoir and have some questions....

1) The old pump has a copper base, the new one is chromed. Is it chrome plated copper? I would hope so as obviously there is a conductivity advantage with the copper as opposed to cheaper aluminium. Is it also chrome plated on thIt'e inside? This would make sense as it would offer certain corrosion resitance so that's beneficial.

2) I've powered it up with 9V, and then 12V to help dynamic venting of the set-up and it's very quiet; to the point I wonder if the flow is too low? has the design changed to make it much quieter? There is definately flow, (as indicated by bubbles) but it doesn't flow very fast at full speed. Perhaps my expectations aren't right. My DVM is saying it draws 210mA at 12V . so 2.5Watt

3) This is a picture of the old pump, but adequate for this question:
IMG_20230824_103153~3.jpg
As supplied, the pump suction tube is the red port and the green port is the vent/fill. They both go into the same chamber on the suction side of the pump. Is it okay to swap over the hose/plug so I can use the green port as the suction pipe and the vent/fill plug in the other port? To my way of thinking, this is fine but you may have done comparison tests with this alternative set-up

Nozzle

Last edited:

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

we are nickel-plating our copper plates, since a few years already. If you have a copper plate, the eisbaer is really old xD
THe DC-LT pump in the Eisbaer should always run with 12V to secure enough water flow and cooling capacity. You can use the fill port as IN instead of the regular IN port, but please note that this can offer problems with the fittings.