NexXxoS UT60 and thread length fitting compatibility

smallsam

Hi All,

I recently bought the following:
Alphacool Eisbaer LT (Solo) - black
Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper X-Flow 80mm Quad Radiator
Alphacool 10mm (3/8") barbed fitting 90° revolvable G1/4 with O-Ring - chrome
Alphacool 10mm (3/8") barbed fitting G1/4 with O-Ring "FatBoy" - Chrome

My build is going in a 2U rackmount case (modifying an IBM x3650 M4 single CPU). This is my first water cooling build and I'm having trouble with some of the threads on the radiator. For management of the tubing in the case I need to use different position inlet/outlets on the radiator and they appear to have different depths of thread. Also the fittings I have also appear to have different lengths of thread but I read they were both 5mm.

Unfortunately when attaching one fitting the thread is too long for the radiator and the o-ring supplied by the fitting does not seal. What can I do in this situation, do I need a fitting with a shorter thread? If so which one of your straight fittings is compatible with this radiator outlet?

Pictures of the thread length difference between the fittings and the gap (the silver of the thread is visible between the black radiator and the black o-ring on the fitting) are both attached.

What can I do?

Attachments

• fitting gap.jpg
    fitting gap.jpg
    567.6 KB · Views: 16
  • thread length.jpg
    thread length.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 17

davido_labido

Hi Sam,

hmmmm, interesting! the thread is certainly longer! The easiest way would be to use spacing rings like these:

These are very simple and simply slot over the thread effectively shortening it by a few mm. The o-ring creates a very tight seal.

are the fittings Alphacool too?

smallsam

Yes the two fittings are mentioned in the post. Part numbers 17135 and 17092.

The intention was that buying all Alphacool that they would be compatible :(

smallsam

Many thanks. I have sent you an email referencing this thread.

If the parts are consistently this sizing (not a manufacturing error) it would be great to update your documentation as I did not notice this during my research.