Optimal pump speed - EISBAER AURORA 420

ketma

Hi , I've just received the EISBAER AURORA 420 and so far I'm impressed, however I wonder if you can clarify the following:

1) I have the pump speed set to maximum in the motherboard BIOS, is that optimal for cooling or should it be set to Normal ?
2) The Pump header is connected to the motherboard connector, will this be running at the full 12v ?

Thanks.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
The pump will run with 12V on the mainboard header if you set this header in your bios to 100%. Please never use something like "Automatic" or "normal" for the header where you connect the pumpt. Because that are configurations for fans.

ketma

Ok, thanks. The actual dedicated pump header is at the bottom of the motherboard and the cable won't reach there. Its plugged into CPU_OPT, what rpm should the pump be running at ?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
The pump runs with around 2600rpm (+/- 10%). The real "pump header" on mainboards are mainly for stronger pump like D5 or DDC pumps because they need up to 20W power. Normal fan header offers mostly max 12W. The Eisbaer DC-LT pump needs only around 4W so no problem to connect it on a normal fan header.

ketma

Right ok, it was showing that figure in the monitoring so all looks good, thanks for the help.

Really nice cooler.