Overheating

szulc

Hello, after 1.5 years of using eisbaer 280 cooling I have a problem, recently my computer suddenly shut down due to overheating. I turned the computer on again and went into the bios where the cpu temperature was 80 *C and going up. I decided to replace the paste from the original one that came with the cooling to thermal grizzly kryonaut. After the exchange, the problem did not go away and the CPU temperature from 60 *C went up to 80-90*C in a matter of seconds (2-4 degrees per second). Then I thought that it could be the fault of the fluid. I scrubbed the whole system and poured in demineralized water. This gave the effect, because the computer at rest has 70 *C and at maximum load 90 *C and 1.5Ghz each on the core. After that I thought that maybe it was the fault of the pump where you could feel the flow of liquid, but I decided to turn it off manually while running at rest and the temperature automatically rose from 70 *C to 90 *C. I have run out of ideas but I noticed another thing. At maximum load the radiator is warm only at the heat inlet to it and the rest is at ambient temperature. After turning off the fans it gets warmer but it's very slow. I'll add that when I changed the fluid there was some contamination in it. Maybe the radiator got clogged? I'll add that when cleaning the cooling I forgot to clean the pump so maybe some of that dirt clogged that radiator and restricted the flow of liquid. One more thing does not room me, when I move the radiator in a violent way I can hear the overflow of liquid, in no way I can get rid of it. Please give me some advice.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x
Mobo: Crosshair VIII Hero

Edit #1
I also want to add that, for example, just open the browser and from 70 *C it becomes 90 *C

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Hi,
did you checked if the pumps is really running? You can see it in the Bios. Pump should run with ~2600rpm. The pump should also run in the bios always at full speed without regulation.
With the Thermal Grizzley, you also used a worse thermal paste than the included Subzero from us.

szulc

Hi,
did you checked if the pumps is really running? You can see it in the Bios. Pump should run with ~2600rpm. The pump should also run in the bios always at full speed without regulation.
With the Thermal Grizzley, you also used a worse thermal paste than the included Subzero from us.

Current bios temperatures. As for the paste, could it be that bad on another one? (It is one of the best)

Attachments

• IMG_20220728_111546-min.jpg
    IMG_20220728_111546-min.jpg
    796 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20220728_111604-min.jpg
    IMG_20220728_111604-min.jpg
    588.7 KB · Views: 6

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Your first description sounded like a faulty pump to me. Since this works, I would bet that something is wrong with the fluid and the cooling fins at the radiator bottom are clogged.
Please write to our support: info@alphacool.com

Regarding the thermal paste. I just can not understand why people buy this thermal paste. It is extremely expensive and worse than our Subzero or the new Apex. It is very liquid, which makes it run away slowly over time. That doesn't make a huge difference. In the end, you're talking about 0.5-2k difference here. You can ignore that for now, it doesn't really matter here.

szulc

Your first description sounded like a faulty pump to me. Since this works, I would bet that something is wrong with the fluid and the cooling fins at the radiator bottom are clogged.
Please write to our support: info@alphacool.com

Regarding the thermal paste. I just can not understand why people buy this thermal paste. It is extremely expensive and worse than our Subzero or the new Apex. It is very liquid, which makes it run away slowly over time. That doesn't make a huge difference. In the end, you're talking about 0.5-2k difference here. You can ignore that for now, it doesn't really matter here.
I live in Poland and have not seen it in a store (xkom.pl, morele.net, allegro.pl, etc)

Ok, I have already sent an email. When to expect a response?

And another question, can I use this computer or is it better for it to be turned off?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
The responding time of our support is around 48 houres on working days.

If the CPU is not thortteling, you can use the PC. If the CPU overheats it will start to lower the clock rates. Than i would turn off the PC.