Palit Gamerock OC RTX 3080Ti

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Sorry, no. Very few Gamerock coolers are sold and the Eiswolf AIOs will only be available for bestseller.

ailveen

@Eddy I don't completely follow that logic. Do you mean that the sales of the custom loop blocks are used to fund the production of the Eiswolfs?

It's because some customers dread the maintenance of a custom loop and would choose the AIO solution.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
It is only a point of consideration which cooler we make. But you can also clearly see that the AIOs sell better whose normal coolers also sell well. In addition, we see the sales figures of the graphics cards at many dealers and of course the requests we get through various channels are taken into account.
We have experience with this for many years. This is not new territory for us. And the Gamerock cooler is not really doing well. Likewise, we don't see any inquiries about it, except here on the forum, and even among our resellers, this model is generally not very popular.
We also only made the cooler because so many asked here on the forum and we wanted to serve the community. But otherwise, the requests for this model are virtually non-existent.

ailveen

@Eddy thanks for spending the time to explain this. I am one of those people who would buy an AIO, but given that I live in an apartment with kids, I don't have the time and space (literally) to start with custom loops - or I would have bought the Gamerock cooler.

As for its popularity - yes - Palit is not as big of a name as MSI, Asus, etc. at least here in Europe, so that is fair as a business that you look at the number of card owners before committing to something.
It is kind of like the Honda Civic Type R discussion again- it is dreaded for its overly curvy body and fake exhausts that do nothing - but the performance is superb, but not very popular here in Europe. The Gamerock shares the same fate I guess - too blingy - but within is a beast of a card that performs like an Asus Strix.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Palit is extremely strong in the OEM sector and with its sub-brands even much bigger than Asus or MSI. We have been working with Palit on other levels for a long time. But buyers of Palit cards are usually not the big water cooling enthusiasts either. Therefore, the demand for watercoolers for Palit cards is not as high as for some other brands. On the other hand, the Reference design sells many times better than any Asus or MSI card.

The Civic Type R doesn't sell that well in Europe because the design is just too wacky. Europe is not the right market for that. In the U.S., people tend to go for domestic brands like the Ford Focus RS and due muscle cars. And if you want to spend a lot of money, you go for German cars. Honda is more of an inexpensive but high-quality brand there.
In Asia, people like such crazy things and are more open to them.

By the way... all the spoilers ect. have an effect on the Type R. I had read a lot about it and it was repeatedly proven that all the spoilers improve the aerodynamics and increase the downforce significantly measurable. So fake is not that ;-)

ailveen

Hey @Eddy interesting tidbits about consumer behavior for Palit cards there. I guess the reference designs are inferior to the Palit because of the lower power limit (Palit - 420W vs Reference - 350W), but yeah, it was interesting to me that more people watercool them compared to a higher wattage card.

And you definitely know more than me about Type R ;) - I just like Honda in general because I am from Asia (Philippines) but work in Denmark and like to lurk in forums about why people hate the Type R. I don't have money to buy it, but it is certainly one of my dream cars. But yeah, one could also say, that the design of the Palit Gamerock is wacky ;)

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Most customers do not want to overclock at all, but simply want quiet cooling. Therefore, the power limit is not really interested.

I am a car fan, so I know the Type R well. However, I would never buy it. Not having all-wheel drive at over 300hp is a no-go for me. And no automatic and thus no adaptive cruise control are also a no-go for me. And well, the design.... looks cool, but to drive it around every day would be embarrassing for me. I'm too much of a German ?
? ? ?