PC crash "CPU Fan Error"

I have the "Alphacool Eisbaer 200 CPU Black", on a x570 Asus Crosshair Impact VIII, and I was running a video game and the computer rebooted suddently and it says "CPU Fan Error Press F1 to enter BIOS".

How can I know if my pump failed without damaging my computer any further?
I currently have the Eisbaer 3-pin connector plugged into "CPU Fan" in my motherboard, and it was working fine for a while. but my motherboard comes with a "Water Pump +" connector (I think it was for bigger pumps that use up to 3 amps), but maybe it should have been plugged there the whole time. I don't know if this DC-LT pump can be plugged into a 1AMP CPU Fan header, there is no owners manual to speak of with this product that contains any of this information.

How can I test if my Eisbaer pump is still working? Is going into the BIOS still safe? or can my CPU still overheat while in the BIOS? This Eisbaer pump only has a 3-pin connector, if it still gives me an RPM reading in the BIOS it should still be working right?
And why am I getting this fan Error? What else could be going wrong? My fans are all spinning properly, and they are connected to SATA-powered fan hub.

I booted into the BIOS after letting the computer rest to cool down. and it is now saying that my CPU fan (my DC-LT of the Eisbaer) is running at 2500 RPM, so according to the BIOS, my pump is fine.

I still dont understand why my computer overheated or why it turned off and gave me this "CPU FAN ERROR"

I am running a 5950X AMD CPU which has a very high TDP, is this cooler okay for this CPU?

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi,

the DC-LT pump is using a normal 3 Pin FAn header and can be connected to every 3Pin or 4 PIn Fan Header on your motherboard. Please make sure that either the fans or the pump itself is connected to the CPU Fan headeer. Otherwise it can be that you have to disable the header in your BIOS, so that the system will boot. Most Motherboard have a security option that they will only boot if the CPU FAn Header is connected, to avoid overheating of the CPU.