Please take a look at my old nexxus radiator!

magiccube

Hello ,I wanted to re-install my water cooling parts ,when I was inspecting the parts I see there some stains left from my old liquid and saw this inside my 480 nexxus .The inside metal should look like this ?

Attachments

• alphacool (1).jpg
    alphacool (1).jpg
    594.9 KB · Views: 4

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi,

the reddish part, ist the copper, the grey one is the solder and the greenish part is just a patina, on the copper which is builing up on wet copper what is in contact with air and is harmless.

magiccube

Hi,

the reddish part, ist the copper, the grey one is the solder and the greenish part is just a patina, on the copper which is builing up on wet copper what is in contact with air and is harmless.
thanks for the answer, i have 2 more questions 1- I have used mayhems colored liquid and because of that some of my fittings had stains on them which i am sure my radiator also have some inside.I wonder using distilled water for flush is enough or should use vinegar mix?
2- I dont know how it happened but i just saw the fitting thread on the radiator got dented ,do you know applying some heat and move thread back to its position can be doable?

Attachments

• alphac1 (1).jpg
    alphac1 (1).jpg
    495.8 KB · Views: 1
  • alphac4.jpg
    alphac4.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 1
  • aplhac3.jpg
    aplhac3.jpg
    478.2 KB · Views: 1

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

please never use vinegar or other cleaning stuff to clean copper parts. They will damage the copper. And yes I know that there are some videos out on youtube, which are recommending it, but this is absolutely wrong. If you can´t remove all residues with distilled water you can try our Core Loop cleaning. This is specially made for copper parts.

Regarding the bend thread, I don´t know if heating and moving it back will work, but I don´t think so.

Bending back copper works cold, but this breaks the sealing surface. There will be a gap between the radiator and the o-ring. You can't replace honing with filing. I never tried milling. Don't mess with silicone sealant, it does nothing.

magiccube

Bending back copper works cold, but this breaks the sealing surface. There will be a gap between the radiator and the o-ring. You can't replace honing with filing. I never tried milling. Don't mess with silicone sealant, it does nothing.
Ok then I will leave it as is and use the other side