Price Fluctuation

Bilko

Hi, I am a slightly disappointed new customer who would like to understand the pricing structure/practices.

I recently ordered one of the RX6750 XT waterblocks and on the day of order (31st Oct) this was 149 Euros. After checking my order just over 24 hours later it would appear the price has been reduced significantly to 84 Euros? Add to this the shipping was a hefty 50 Euros and now this has also been reduced to just over 20? I can't help but feel a little ripped off.

Can someone from Alphacool please take a little time to help me understand the strategy and how this price can fluctuate so much in such a short space of time and not because of any promotional activities? And also why such a huge difference in the shipping price also?

Thanks in advance.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
We are doing a sale on coolers, so yesterday the prices of most coolers were greatly reduced. Because the new coolers for the new generations of graphics cards are more in demand than for the older models.
Price cuts to older products have always been there and always will be.

Bilko

Thanks for the reply Eddy.

I get sales and promotions etc but this is not a promotion nor sale as it's not listed as a sale or promotion on the site and also factor in that the price has gone up today to 99 Euros from yesterday?

Would you be able to be a little clearer on what impacts prices on a day by day basis? Also the big difference I paid for shipping seemingly changes on a day by day basis. I did a quote on the carriers website and shipping from you to me wouldn't be nearly as expensive as I have been charged.

Just after a little bit of clarity on the price fluctuations.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
That's right, this isn't a promotion, it's a permanent price reduction.

There are no daily fluctuations. It's simply a price reduction of a certain product group to promote sales, or in this case to annoy our competitors. We adjust the prices of various product groups downwards or upwards about once or twice a year, depending on the market situation or our own strategic planning. Of course, I will not explain what our strategic plans are.