Pump not o.k.

radeondutch

Hi Team,

My order is 1085376 or 30111283 for my Alphacool Eiswolf 240 GPX Pro AMD Radeon VII M01 - Black.
Suddenly after almost a year of good use the radiator stays ice cold while I do hear water inside the pump. It's strange.
I've tried about 4 times to re-apply thermal paste from little to very much paste. The radiator stays cold but the cooling body around the graphics card gets extremely hot.
As said, it worked amazing for about 11 months, my GPU didnt sweat thanks to the Eiswolf... until 3 days ago.
Junction temps go all the way up to 117+ degrees Celsius and at two occasions my whole pc shut itself down.

Can I please return this product for investigation and warranty handling? ps i dont have the original box anymore.

kind regards,
Boy de Haan

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Hi There, sorry to hear that dude. Sure you can send us the product back for an inspection. I need you to write an email first to info@alphacool.com My collagues will let you know with the needed further steps.

radeondutch

Their reply:

"sure you can send it back to us. Please note that we do not refund the shipping cost and that you have to send it back to us on your own cost.
Our address is:
Alphacool International GmbH
Marienberger Str. 1
38122 Braunschweig
Germany

Please attach a short notice where you describe the problem and a copy of your invoice to the parcel.

Have a nice day."

Would you know a way for me to verify the water really isnt flowing as it should? Before i make large shippingcosts.

radeondutch

As said, i Heat water but only in the pump. No heat is going to the radiator.
I re-applied thermal paste 4 times spending like €30 on paste tubes. It's not oddly screwed together and I used anything from little to much pressure on the screws. You can peak between the PCB and cooling body and there is a tiny space between gpu/hbm2 and the heatsink/pump. Meaning heat should be transfered and it does.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Dude this sounds like the pump is not working correctly. The radiator is cold because the fan/fans are working right? We can send you also a new pump and some paste if you are able to replace it. The other solution is to send us the unit back. One last question. Have you made photos of the print of paste/pads? If there is a gap between the GPU and the block you need some graphit foil i would say.

radeondutch

On second thought this gap must be normal else the heatsink would crush the processor/hbm2.
The thermal paste fills the gap hence the unit excluding radiator gets extremely hot.

I rather send it back for Investigation as i actually spent so much time and effort in getting it sorted i rather not start over with the disassembly of also the pump. Makes my head spin :-(

I also purchased from amazon.de new pads and placed them like the manual said but pads are not the problem :) you could clearly see the pads made contact due to the prints on them.

I will ship it back and wait alphacools response :) thanks so far.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
You are very welcome mate we will see what the problem is and let you know. After we are finished we will send you also some new pads and paste for replacing the old ones. You can find our address under imprint.

radeondutch

Yeah. Just PostNL, most reliable company to handle packages im afraid. From my experience at least. Doesn't matter im happy you want to take a look at it.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Thank you for the information :). We are all at home for now and working home office. It can take bit longer than normally.

radeondutch

Oh snap. Anyone heading to the office any now and then for returns/repairs? Or do we have to wait until all the government sanctions are lifted?

radeondutch

Ha :) your shipment was send to my previous address. I changed my address details in my profile on the website before sending the product to Alphacool and I crossed out my address details from the original receipt I included.

The new residents luckily informed me about it and I can pick it up at the postal office near my previous home.

I yet have to pick it up, im curious what did you do with it :) ? (In regards to repair)

Last edited: