pump run 100% always

Mr_Stick

i just bought a ddc310 pump. i try to set the speed curve by bios setting. but no change occurs, it work at full speed (3156 rpm).
how can i fix it?
pump it's connected by molex and by aio pump header.
mobo: ASUS TUF X570

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
The pump has a 4-Pin Molex connector for power. The 3-Pin connector is only for reading out the rpm of the pump. You cant control the pump over that 3-Pin connector.
Why do you want to control the pump?

Mr_Stick

The pump has a 4-Pin Molex connector for power. The 3-Pin connector is only for reading out the rpm of the pump. You cant control the pump over that 3-Pin connector.
Why do you want to control the pump?
i like control the speed to extend the pump life, for an idle use i don't need the pump run 100%. at this point i don't know the utilities about the 3 pin, if i can only check the speed...
but ok. thanks

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
DDC310 is already a throttled version with less revs than a DDC 1T. The lifetime is not relevantly affected. The pumps can run for many years. There are models that have been in use for over 8 years and more. I would not worry about that at all.

wheelbeer

Hi, i also have the DDC310, i guess we should plug the 3 pin connector to the CPU FAN Header. so if the pump stop working, the system will warn.