Question about active backplate combine with AIO

arbiterfx

I have purchased an AIO 360 for 3090 reference, but the VRAM temp on the back of 3090 still high,
I see there is an active backplate for 3090. is it possible to connect to the AIO?
Do I need to buy another accessories like pipes to connect two products?

Thank you!

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Yes, the active backplate can be integrated into the AIO via the existing G1/4" connections. The easiest way is to use our extension sets with quick-release coupling:
or
You still need coolant to fill it up with, such as
Then you have everything! ;-)

sman01

hello,
I am new in watercooling. I have a similar question and please help me.
In my case, I bought Eiswolf 2 AIO - 360mm RTX 3090/3080 with Backplate (Reference), 11931
and I want to buy ( I read that it is compatible) : Eisblock Aurora GPX-N Acryl Active Backplate 3090/3080 Reference, 13038

My questions are:

1. Do I need to buy another accessories like pipes to connect two products?
2. I saw 2 reviews on YouTube with Eiswolf 2 AIO. The few drops that leaked when the pipes opened, need to be filled back in the AIO ?(with Tec Protect 2 Clear). Now, In this case, the water circuit increases. Do I need to complete the installation with liquid? and how/where?

LE: I forgot to mention, I have a roomy PC case

Thank you for any hint!

Last edited:

Thomas_S

Staff member
I saw 2 reviews on YouTube with Eiswolf 2 AIO. The few drops that leaked when the pipes opened, need to be filled back in the AIO ?(with Tec Protect 2 Clear). Now, In this case, the water circuit increases. Do I need to complete the installation with liquid? and how/where?
You will definitely need more coolant! Among other thing is, you have to fill the active backplate ;-) Our Tec Protect 2 is well suited for this. You can fill the circuit at the fill port of the Eiswolf 2 radiator.

sman01

Hello again, I have a little more confusion:
where to connect the pipes (Alphacool Eisbaer TPV Extension kit) from the Active Backplate to the Eiswolf 2 AIO ?

here is pic with the Eiswolf 2 AIO:1652124244462.png

Second question, after I connect them and fill the radiator with coolant, should I have a certain pressure in the circuit?

Last edited:

Thomas_S

Staff member
Alphacool_Eisblock_Aurora_GPX-N_Acryl_Active_Backplate_3090_Founders_Edition_1022244_05.jpg

-> with the aid of another extension set with quick-release coupling (see assembly example).
Output GPU->Input Backplate->Output Backplate->Radiator

The pressure builds up automatically during filling, but should not exceed 0.8 bar in the entire system.

sman01

I understand the block diagram,
but here:
with the aid of another extension set with quick-release coupling (see assembly example).
it means I have to order extension set with quick-release coupling . Please, provide a link with this extension.

Thank you

Thomas_S

Staff member
Sure, here we go.. ;-)
or

... and you will need another bottle of coolant and a filling aid.

sman01

:)
in your picture I saw 90 degree angle elbow:
1652184957840.png

and your link pipes its look like this:
1652185478801.png

they don't look the same to me, the confusion is even greater... In my opinion, in your pic are other pipes that you recommended before.

Attachments

• 1652185431478.png
    1652185431478.png
    78.1 KB · Views: 1

Thomas_S

Staff member
The picture is an assembly example. We used icicle fittings and normal connections. You use the extensions I recommended in the same way and couple the active backplate between the radiator and the cooler. This is the quickest and easiest way.

sman01

Got it now.
However, for new comers in waterblocks world, a video tutorial with installation instructions for Active Backplate and Eiswolf 2 AIO is welcome, to avoid confusion and help the alphacool community. At the moment, there is only one picture tutorial on the Internet, and is not accurate.
Thanks